Honored Contributor

Re: Where is GEORGE SIMONTON?

[ Edited ]

@MadameQueen wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

looks like george may be branching out on his own......found this today on facebook:

we had so many laffs ! And good times at lunches in between shows , I miss that part of it not the traveling !!! Love Ya George "😎😇

George when will your fashion website be ready to sell your designs? Can't wait!

I will announce in about 10 days I'm working on it very hArd you know i 'am a perfectionist so it takes time I want it to be breathtakingly beautiful !!! Love George " 😇 I

@sunshine45.   Thanks for this.  I was just checking for updates and found your post.  Does anyone have additional information?  

I see this older post on one of his Facebook pages from October 18:

George Simonton "Thanks for your interest I will be telling my friends fans so very exciting news within the next two weeks keep posted love your loyal friend and designer George !!!😇"

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Its virtually impossible to launch a line on your own.  Where would he sell it?  A website?  I'm hoping he ends up at one of the other networks.  They have the structure in place. 

Valued Contributor

I think we have H by Halston now as the new favorite.

I too appreciated George's beautiful demeanor and his thoughts on fashion. Classy Guy!

Trusted Contributor

Red gold, What other "designers" do I make nasty comments about?  So, are you following me?   If you are referring to the Logo designer, my comments about her are I don't find her to be a true designer because every shirt she makes can be made by anyone just by adding extra material, lace, etc to the bottoms or on the butt of a shirt.  Sorry but that's my opinion of her and her line, my opinion is she always looks messy.

You CANNOT compare George Simonton's designs to the Logo line.  George is a true designer as is Bob Mackie and Isaac Mizrahi.  You'll never see them dress models in layers and layers of tops with different materials added onto them.  

I don't dress like her and would never wear her clothes.  My new favorite designer is Cameron Silver with the Halston collection.  I started a collection of his designs and love every one of them.  They are classy and classic and that's how I dress.  I know not everyone has the same taste, and those of you who love Logo, enjoy.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well, they let Victor Costa pass by along with Pamela Dennis (my favorite) and almost let Louis Dell Olio go.  Where went Chloe Dao, Marc Bouwer and a host of others along the way.  I was quite surprised with my purchase of Sonjia Williams for GILI.  There were some very nice items from the Kardashian clan until the wedding from hell, the infighting and the transgendering.  I think it is the draw card of the day.  I have a cute item from little sweet Nicole Richie.  Joan Rivers is not what it used to be.  Susan Graver seems to be reaching.  Things don't stay the same but I loved that Seth Aaron and some of the fly-by-night great designers whose fashions pleased the QVC people but because they had to use less-than-ideal fabric, manufacture and fit, things fell by the wayside.  What about Rachel Zoe?  I loved her scarves and jackets.  And oh, yes, Sara Campbell who along with George Simonton sold high end at Barrie Pace.  The goodies are gone, almost gone or going.  Look for QF to get the quacks removed from the line up.

Honored Contributor

@namealreadytaken wrote:

Look for QF to get the quacks removed from the line up.

Huh?

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@namealreadytaken wrote:

Huh?

Quacks on the cutting block.  

Honored Contributor

@namealreadytaken wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@namealreadytaken wrote:

Huh?

Quacks on the cutting block.  

Roast duck, anyone?

Super Contributor

@Luvtoshopathome wrote:

Red gold, What other "designers" do I make nasty comments about?  So, are you following me?   If you are referring to the Logo designer, my comments about her are I don't find her to be a true designer because every shirt she makes can be made by anyone just by adding extra material, lace, etc to the bottoms or on the butt of a shirt.  Sorry but that's my opinion of her and her line, my opinion is she always looks messy.

You CANNOT compare George Simonton's designs to the Logo line.  George is a true designer as is Bob Mackie and Isaac Mizrahi.  You'll never see them dress models in layers and layers of tops with different materials added onto them.  

I don't dress like her and would never wear her clothes.  My new favorite designer is Cameron Silver with the Halston collection.  I started a collection of his designs and love every one of them.  They are classy and classic and that's how I dress.  I know not everyone has the same taste, and those of you who love Logo, enjoy.

You know, for someone that doesn't like the LOGO brand, you start threads and post about it a LOT. 

Just sayin.

Trusted Contributor

Redngold,  JUST SAYING, I don't like the Logo line and don't consider Lori a designer just by the way she dresses and the line she brings to the Q.  You like her and her clothes and that's your style, then great.  I love classic designer clothes, so different  strokes for different folks.