Esteemed Contributor

Re: PROTEST! Where is GEORGE SIMONTON?!!

@Mustang Shar wrote:

His FB has been quiet since June, no posts

Maybe he is ill? 

Super Contributor

Re: PROTEST! Where is GEORGE SIMONTON?!!

@fthunt wrote:

His styles seemed to be caught some where between the 1930's and 1960.  Ruffles and fussy don't work for me any more.  Bye George (stuck on himself)

His styles are very similar to SG, and the fabrication is similar as well.   Both brands are for the older market, like coldwater creek.

Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: Where is GEORGE SIMONTON?

Always love his pieces with the Old Hollywood glamour look.  I remember him indicating he would have a jewelry line on QVC in the near future.  Hope so as the pieces shown on his models were to die for. 

Honored Contributor

via facebook:

How many of you sent your letters to QVC? We need to let them know we want George and his designs back on QVC. If you have not sent them yet please send them to, Mr. Mike George, QVC President, QVC Inc. Corporate, 1200 Wilson Drive-Studio Park, West Chester, PA 19380 I can't afford to buy my clothes from Macy's. They do get the letters and they do have to sign for them if you send registered mail. If you can't afford to send a registered letter send regular mail. taking a count on who has already sent mail and if you heard from them yet.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

George Simonton used to have the most beautiful jackets at QVC and Barrie Pace.  Something happened to George's jackets at QVC, about the same time something happened to the beautiful and luxurious fabrics brought to us by LDO.  Was that something that happened about the time the wonder boy appeared at QVC?  Ahhhh....Shawnie's Sue buddy.

Trusted Contributor

why such nasty posts about George?  He is a class act and he is a gentleman and "true designer" unlike a few others.  And why reference his age?  There are other designers on the Q in the same ago category, i.e., Bob Mackie and Louis del'Ollio .  I for one will put in my complaint if George is done with the Q.  

Honored Contributor

looks like george may be branching out on his own......found this today on facebook:

we had so many laffs ! And good times at lunches in between shows , I miss that part of it not the traveling !!! Love Ya George "😎😇

George when will your fashion website be ready to sell your designs? Can't wait!

I will announce in about 10 days I'm working on it very hArd you know i 'am a perfectionist so it takes time I want it to be breathtakingly beautiful !!! Love George " 😇 I

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Luvtoshopathome wrote:

why such nasty posts about George?  He is a class act and he is a gentleman and "true designer" unlike a few others.  And why reference his age?  There are other designers on the Q in the same ago category, i.e., Bob Mackie and Louis del'Ollio .  I for one will put in my complaint if George is done with the Q.  

Why do YOU make nasty comments about other designers but expect the ones YOU like to be treated with respect?   

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45 wrote:

looks like george may be branching out on his own......found this today on facebook:

we had so many laffs ! And good times at lunches in between shows , I miss that part of it not the traveling !!! Love Ya George "😎😇

George when will your fashion website be ready to sell your designs? Can't wait!

I will announce in about 10 days I'm working on it very hArd you know i 'am a perfectionist so it takes time I want it to be breathtakingly beautiful !!! Love George " 😇 I

@sunshine45.   Thanks for this.  I was just checking for updates and found your post.  Does anyone have additional information?  

Respected Contributor

If all of the ladies who say they loved George and his fashions and want him back actually BOUGHT the items he sold.....he'd still be here at QVC.  His items were not much different than Linea or SG.  The difference being that those designers sell and it's obvious that Mr. Simonton did not.  Or didn't sell well enough.  QVC isn't a club, it's a retailer.  We support our favorite designers and brands by our purchases.