Regular Contributor

No Spring TSV, I was hoping for a new raincoat. He hasn't had any shows, or appearances. Is he another that is being "retired"?

Esteemed Contributor

He's been on less & less over the course of the last year. I think he's being phased out .

Regular Contributor

Sad if that is so. It's just the Susan, Isaac, Kim, and Logo show.

Honored Contributor

I don't think QVC pushes raincoats from any brand much. They may show one or two, but that's it for a few years now.

QVC's streaming channel has a few Behind the Label videos showcasing some brands, and there's one all on Dennis.

I think of him as a cold weather brand -- the coats, jackets, blazers, and throws. I guess we'll see if he's featured much in August & September when they start selling fall fashion.

Honored Contributor

Re: Where is Dennis Basso?

[ Edited ]

I hope he's not on his way out!  His items are so wonderful.

Respected Contributor

Dennis Basso just might be traveling the same path that George Simonton did with QVC.   Less and less shows until there were none.   

I'm personally not a fan of Kim Gravel's fashion line, and feel many people will tire of it.  For me personally, Basso, Simonton, and Mackie are in a class all by themselves.

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Respected Contributor

Lots and lots of items on Zulily under QVC Clearance. 

Honored Contributor

@Starpass   There are 94 items on Zulily, all with very reasonable prices and 111 items on QVC, many "as is."

Although I don't like DB and should have sent back the only item I ever bought from his line, IMO it's unfortunate that the true designers are just about all gone from QVC.  Some probably due to age.  Now we are left with mostly celebrity designers and "studio park by (fill in the blank).  QVC has defintely gone downhill.

Respected Contributor

He used to do a lot of shows mainly in the fall/winter. Seems like we see and item here and there but not much. Maybe he is scaling back.

Honored Contributor

Dennis really doesn't do  beachy casual styles ... and that's what QVC has been pushing recently.

I don't wear beachy casual ... so I don't do much shopping here now.