Honored Contributor

Where did I get the idea fashion day prices were good Sunday?

I watched the Kim Gravel show last nite and thought I'd order a certain piece today.  All items had gone up, not just the one that was good for the show only.  Did I misunderstand the notice that prices were good for the rest of the weekend?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Where did I get the idea fashion day prices were good Sunday?

[ Edited ]

Where did I get the idea, ALL  the shows were a ,"Spring or a Clearence Sale"  ?????????

.....and somewhere along the line ,i thought I saw ,"free shipping".............lol

Respected Contributor

I too have noticed that within hours of airing, prices raised on many items.  Bait and switch?

Esteemed Contributor

If you want good prices or even  decent sale prices  along with  everyday shipping deals , shopping elsewhere is the ticket .

I'd go for no Hosts  if the Q would  give customers  free shipping and better prices .

Just think of  the money in benefits they could save . I don't think the Hosts add anything to presentations . The company Reps are there to tell you all abt the product  and to convince  customers how much you need the item.

Honored Contributor

@skatting44 wrote:

If you want good prices or even  decent sale prices  along with  everyday shipping deals , shopping elsewhere is the ticket .

I'd go for no Hosts  if the Q would  give customers  free shipping and better prices .

Just think of  the money in benefits they could save . I don't think the Hosts add anything to presentations . The company Reps are there to tell you all abt the product  and to convince  customers how much you need the item.

Agree 100%.  I've been suggesting getting rid of all the hosts and letting the vendors present the products for awhile.  IMO the only way for TV shopping to survive is to have shorter presentations with more products shown in an hour.  A "shopping" network is not supposed to be a talk show or entertainment program .

Honored Contributor

The idea of having mfgr reps show all items is impractical.  Great for long 10 minute plus presentations but what about those casually mentioned items?  And how do you train all those people to say just what QVC wants you to say?  Personally I think what is going on now is just fine.  Look how much airfare and hotel expense is being saved.  Wonder who pays that, QVC or the vendor?  

Respected Contributor

@depglass  I heard Shawn mention that the BFD TSV was good thru Sunday, so maybe you thought that it included all items?  I would make sense to me to have items shown on Saturday to be good all weekend. 

It could be another special that could be offered to mix it up and give customers a chance to purchase more, especially since the "lunchtime specials" are gone during the weekend. 

......You look like I need a drink.....
Super Contributor

I've got several items in my wish list that I was thinking about purchasing due to the sale price but never got to it yesterday. Those items are still at sale prices today. One is actually at a pretty decent sale price just wish they would have had some kind of shipping offer though.

I am not superstitious, but I am a little stitious.
Honored Contributor

@CAcableGirl2 wrote:

@depglass  I heard Shawn mention that the BFD TSV was good thru Sunday, so maybe you thought that it included all items?  I would make sense to me to have items shown on Saturday to be good all weekend. 

It could be another special that could be offered to mix it up and give customers a chance to purchase more, especially since the "lunchtime specials" are gone during the weekend. 

@CAcableGirl2 

In my head BFD did not stand for barefoot dreams  I saw it as an accurate commentary on most TSV's 😉

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@maximillian wrote:

I too have noticed that within hours of airing, prices raised on many items.  Bait and switch?

@maximillian 

The sale prices are for 1,000's of fashion/handbags/shoes...not all of them. Several items on my wishlist have the lower sale prices all weekend. Others may have gone up because each item is on their own pricing schedule and automaticaly go up or down that way. There are other factors too...is it a clearance, 'as is', LQ, or 'special sale' item...like a TSV, ODO, etc. Some items could be at a sale price for the entire month, others for just a week or a day.

The Q is not out to sabatoge folks from ordering their items if they happen to go up on price when there is a FREE S&H offer either. It is just the luck of the draw sometimes that a particular item someone may want and it just happens to go up in price that day.

That has happened to me and I just shrug it off because other items I may have been wanting the price was lowered and I got them on sale w/FREE S&H. 

I have read so many posts over the years that folks think the Q is playing a game with them and it's just not true.