Trusted Contributor

Where can I buy socks for wide ankles?

I need wider width ankle socks (if there is such a thing).  Have no idea who might sell them.  Thanks for any help.

Respected Contributor

Re: Where can I buy socks for wide ankles?

Google the topic. There are many places that sell these socks.

Honored Contributor

@newjersey   A store or department specializing in plus sizes?  Have you googled "women's plus size socks"?  My feet are long so I sometimes buy men's socks.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

Walmart has socks for diabetics.  They are wider and softer than most socks. If you don't live near a Walmart, check their website.  I hope this helps.

Respected Contributor

There's legit a company called Extra Wide Sock Company.  Also, Zappo's often has extra wide socks.  I'm a tall plus sized lady.  I really like Legacy brand wide calf trouser socks.  They are long enough for me and don't pinch.

Respected Contributor

@newjersey My momma had congestive heart failure and only one kidney.  She needed wide socks that did not cut her little feet and I would purchase diabetic socks for her at WalMart, or CVS or even Walgreens.  Good luck on your hunt!

Honored Contributor

Walmart is my go to store for wide calf socks.  i buy the men's socks for my DH and the ladies version for my friend in a nursing facility.

Honored Contributor

I found some last year at Boscov's.  They are the kind intended for diabetics.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Amazon has many options, also listed as socks for diabetics. The "Wide Sock Co." is a great options as well.   Any catalogue that sells adaptive products for the elderly/handicapped indivuduals carries them.  A simple google search and you will hit pay dirt!!  Good luck!

Honored Contributor

I was at the dermatologist office Tues and told him about my itchy ankles that no matter what socks or shoes I wore always had this horrible itch going on.

He said AmLactin creme (not prescription bought at CVS) not cheap, but, gonna try. Told my story to an employee there and she said "bamboo socks is the only socks that she can wear and she had the same problem".  I ordered  the 4 pack set online from walmart, but, they might have in store too. Gonna try and see if it 's better.

I think they were sold in wide widths too.