Honored Contributor

Re: Where are the nice trousers?

In addition to the places already mentioned you could also try Stein Mart or Dress Barn. They always have a decent selection of dress or work pants. I think part of the issue is the whole knit pant/leisure wear trend right now. I just don't think most of these knit pants are appropriate or dressy enough for church or work. JMO

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Where are the nice trousers?

@wilma wrote:

In addition to the places already mentioned you could also try Stein Mart or Dress Barn. They always have a decent selection of dress or work pants. I think part of the issue is the whole knit pant/leisure wear trend right now. I just don't think most of these knit pants are appropriate or dressy enough for church or work. JMO

ITA about knit not being appropriate for work ... at least not appropriate for my job. (Although, LDO's ponte pants w/ a nice jacket are fine for some of the meetings I have to attend).

I also have a hard time finding work appropriate pants ... when I do find them ... I buy multiples. I have had luck, at various times, w/ finding pants at JCP, Macy's, Nordstroms and Eddie Bauer.

I don't try to buy 'work' pants on line ... I have to try them on. Primarily due to the inconsistent sizing even w/in a brand. A size 6 in black may not fit the same as a size 6 in navy. Irritating as all get out.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."