Valued Contributor

Where are the nice trousers?

Thought for sure LDO would have some ... not! Looked for LDO on Ebay... nuthin!

Where would I find a reasonably priced fly-front trouser with pockets, lined, either tapered or boot-cut, to wear to church service and functions with a nice sweater or shirt?

Thanks in advance. Going to try Lands End & Bean. Love Talbots but they're a bit pricey until they go on sale.

Respected Contributor

Re: Where are the nice trousers?

I would like to know also.  I am so tired of all the tight knit stretch material.  I just want regular straight leg slacks.  You can dress them up or dress them down. 

Esteemed Contributor

We didn't any of the more classic woven fabric pieces this time around such as the pants you describe, pencil skirts or jackets. I think those styles in that sort of fabric get lots of returns as opposed to knits that are more forgiving. Also, they tend to be in numerical sizes which is always another headache at QVC as they don't mirror what your size would be at a regular retailer such as those you mentioned.

Like you, I always look forward to these types of garments for workwear. Hopefully next fall!

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Valued Contributor

The Style & Co. at Macys would be perfect except no pockets!

2278197_fpx.tif.jpeg

Respected Contributor

I usually buy my trousers at Penneys. 

Honored Contributor

@Buttercups  I do know about these, even tho they are probably not what you are looking for. (no belt)

Linea Leisure by Louis Dell'Olio Regular Knit Pull-On Pant

A262070 LINK

I got them off bay... the fabric is nice...

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

Another vote for Penney's. They have multipe styles and colors/patterns.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Valued Contributor

I have to try my trousers on, I usually rely on Banana Republic or Tahari.  I have given up on ordering them online because the fit is so specific.

I did get the LDO whisper knit pants last year and havent worn them yet.

Respected Contributor

I work from home most days so I don't have a need for numerous trousers like I used to.  When the Dialogue line left QVC, the style of pants you are talking about seemed to leave with it.  I agree with others that trousers with no/very limited stretch are a difficult fit when buying online.  I would recommend going to JC Penneys and Macys and trying things on in person.  I don't think you will be disappointed.

I travel quite a bit for work and have found that dresses are my best friends!

Honored Contributor

The nice trousers were on the front page when opened it up! LC trousers under 'recently aired'.

I have to say the LC rep always represents well for us 50 somethings! She's always stylish but never looks like she's trying too hard or trying to look younger than she is..