Contributor

Whatever happened to the affordable stylish clothes suitable for the office. Susan Graver is way too pricy, LOGO stuff looks like bag lady wear and those rompers on last night really did me in.  I long for the old days of QVC.

Honored Contributor

Re: Where Did it All Go?

[ Edited ]

@twoflaglady wrote:

Whatever happened to the affordable stylish clothes suitable for the office. Susan Graver is way too pricy, LOGO stuff looks like bag lady wear and those rompers on last night really did me in.  I long for the old days of QVC.

@twoflaglady 

ITA..Not all businesses and offices have gone casual when it comes to dress codes..Unfortunately, the clothing styles you are seeking  left QVC and can be found at other online retails and Department Stores....  And yes those rompers were something else....Woman LOL  I realize everyone has their own personal style and taste....but come on....more variety is needed all Q's clothing lines look alike these days....Woman Frustrated

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Super Contributor

Isn't it interesting how we started buying everything on line so the department store and the little speciality stores out of business. In my city we only have Target and Kohl's left. So now the online stores are going downhill with cheap merchandise at high prices plus shipping charges and taxes. I've saved a lot of money this year because there is nothing to buy. So now the brick and mortar stores are gone what will we do? 

Honored Contributor

Re: Where Did it All Go?

[ Edited ]

@fresh kitty wrote:

Isn't it interesting how we started buying everything on line so the department store and the little speciality stores out of business. In my city we only have Target and Kohl's left. So now the online stores are going downhill with cheap merchandise at high prices plus shipping charges and taxes. I've saved a lot of money this year because there is nothing to buy. So now the brick and mortar stores are gone what will we do? 

@fresh kitty 

Less options for the consumer means higher prices......And look for the shipping and handling to increase as well as these online retailers compete and the consumer demands a 1-2 day delivery which puts a strain on the delivery companies....which in turn increases their prices to the retailers....and the buck stops with the SHOPPER!!!

I was glad to read that the TJ MAXX Cos are doing well and one reason that they cite is an increase in foot traffic....so perhaps in some cities that option will remain available to us....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

Maybe Linea?

Honored Contributor
I am still trying to just find tops without ruffles on the sleeves! It’s no secret why most of them seem to wind up on clearance pretty fast.
Respected Contributor

Joan Rivers?

Trusted Contributor

I do remember the good old days when QVC had:

Mary Mac Fadden - Rachel Zoe - Diane Von Fusterberg...and so many quality designers.

At one point, QVC had Gucci shoes

The Supreme Happiness Of Life Consists In The Conviction That One Is Loved.
I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece
Esteemed Contributor

Many now want $70 range for 'nothing' special....and don't forget s/h + state tax = now you're approaching the $90 range.  Plus cost to return a nothing.

I see Nothing of interest - goofy prints - zippers where I don't want them & designers playing out THEIR dreams. 

Fabrication (cheap material) & sizing problems ....... more negatives

Honored Contributor

Your best bet on QVC is the Linea Collection.  Mostly, it's too dressy for my casual lifestyle if that tells you anything.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment