Honored Contributor

Re: Where Did it All Go?

[ Edited ]

@twoflaglady 

I don’t see much fashion on the Q that I want to buy anymore. Last year I think I bought 3 clothing items from the Q. I have to look a bit longer and at different stores for what I like, but I have found what I wanted or needed eventually. 

I recently bought a few nice pants and tops at JCP & Macy’s for reasonable prices. JCP Worthington & Liz brands are very nicely priced. Anne Klein & Kasper at Macy’s are a bit more $ but still a good value IMO. Stein Mart carries lots of brands & choices too at various price points. 

Honored Contributor
In all of 2019 I purchased only 1 clothing item here. It was a Linea blazer, it's beautiful and I love it. In 2018 no clothing purchased here. I didn't go any further back than that. Suffice it to say, I no longer look here for fashion. I'm sure many do and love what they buy, I'm just not one of them. I am buying at other online sites and B&M stores these days.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

Sorry not at Q, I don't know the prices you are looking for but Investments at Dillards if you live near one, has work separates that wear like iron. If you buy clearance, be aware it can't be returned.

Honored Contributor

Q sells mostly casual stuff

HSN has more dressy lacking a better word clothing 

Honored Contributor

It's all back in 2010....

Honored Contributor

Seems like not much is affordable anymore. I don't know how a young working professional can afford a wardrobe these days. That must take a chunk out of a salary to maintain it.

Respected Contributor
The attire in my office is mostly jeans.
Honored Contributor

Re: Where Did it All Go?

[ Edited ]

It's sometimes 'kind of' fun and relaxing to browse around in real stores.

Just walking around, looking at 'this and that'.  

As long as everyone around is looking fairly well.  

There weren't very many folks browsing around this morning in a nearby clothing store.  

I ran across a tropical/Hawaain - inspired camp shirt on one of the TV shows, and now I'm mentally in the mood to find one!  

It was suggested that we look in the men's dept. for those tropical prints!

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

Sorry not at Q, I don't know the prices you are looking for but Investments at Dillards if you live near one, has work separates that wear like iron. If you buy clearance, be aware it can't be returned.

@ECBG 

Since you told me their pants were good, I have a closet full of Investments.  I have some RL, Linea, Antonio Melani, Tahari but I have found the Investments price is better than anything QVC sells and the quality is great.  

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Seems like not much is affordable anymore. I don't know how a young working professional can afford a wardrobe these days. That must take a chunk out of a salary to maintain it.

@SilleeMee  

I have been thinking for about 25 years that it is by design, to eliminate the middle class.