Esteemed Contributor

Re: Where Are the Goodlooking Clothes?

I would like my personal statement to be me, and not my clothes, jewelry, makeup, handbag (which I never "wear" anyway) or hair. So, I, too am with you on this.

Contributor

Isaac is my favorite designer 

Respected Contributor

When I first tuned in to QVC 10+ years ago, I was taken with the silver jewelry.  Does anyone remember the shows that Jill used to do on weekends? Really good deals, interesting pieces, great prices.  I miss those programs.  

I have always thought the clothing was hit and miss. I'm lucky that I live near a big city so I have every shopping option in the world. But now that I understand all three shopping channels much better, I know how to tailor my watching. I am in love with my Giuliana boyfriend jeans, Marla Wynne's flatterfit pants and Vince Camuto boots and sandals from HSN. From QVC I have several great casual tops from Halston, coats from Linea, and Isaac's pants that I wouldn't part with. But for really tailored clothing or unique pieces I head to the stores.  I don't rely on shopping channels to set my style.  But they can work well on the basics.

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal I've had to shop at B&M stores for yrs. Those that have websites, the sizing is difficult to judge & just easier to go to the mall & try things on. I find quality & style at Nordstrom and sometimes Chico's. Talbots has good quality basic pieces and J Crew or Banana Republic for a tops and jeans.

I end up paying a higher price for that quality and fit, but if it stays in my closet for at least 5 yrs., it's a bargain to me.

Honored Contributor

I'm still waiting for a return of Diamonique in colors, especially for Spring/Summer.  Can you imagine driving (safely) around, often glancing at your beautiful colored  ring?  Well, maybe next year.  I'd like to have a fire-opal or padparasha (sp?) (orange with flashes of pink) Diamonique ring! Or maybe a color-changing stone.  Bring back those colors, QVC!

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Contributor

I agree with all those who are tired of sharkbite hems, cold-shoulder looks, oversized tunics, wild prints, and lace, lace and more lace. I guess those are the current trends, but not all of us are trendy. I prefer classics in good fabrics that don't go out of style.

I've been disappointed in the fabrics and styles currently offered on the Q and I've been a customer since the beginning. The prices are really skyrocketing and the quality keeps dropping IMO.

I've tried most of the fashion brands on the Q and some I buy frequently and others only occasionally or never. I find some of the fashion lines on the Q just bizarre looking. I know there are all kinds of people shopping with different tastes. Some lines seem super nichey to me though.

I also think sizing is a big problem now. Even if you check the "click" measurements some of them don't make sense. Waist bigger than bust? What the heck. It's very difficult to determine what size to order in the different brands. Even then you're not assured that the item will really have those measurements when you receive it.

I think the Q is ordering lower inventory on most items now because stuff seems to sell out in minutes. They'd rather have that than a bunch of clearence inventory sitting around.

I hate shopping at brick and mortar though, so I'll continue to order from online retailers.

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

The TSV's has been very dissapointing.  I personally would like to see some attractive clothes -- no shark bites, lower hems in back, no cold shoulder, no wide leg pants.  Give us real, attractive clothes!   Cat Very Happy

@Katcat1

"Attractive", like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.  What you consider attractive, others might think are really awful.    

I'm guessing these styles are selling well, or they'd disappear ....  wouldn't they?  Perhaps this is the Q's attempt to offer some variety from more classic styles.  

Personally, I find little clothing to buy on QVC because of the fit irregularities.    I do much better in B&M stores where it doesn't cost me $10 to try something on!

Honored Contributor

The goodlooking clothes are hanging in my closet and 'yes' plenty are recent purchases.

I'm a bit of a hobbyist when it comes to shopping for clothing but I never purchase anything that is unattractive...

Trusted Contributor

Even Isaac's line is suffering from lack of inspiration and the nice details he used to do.  I think he isn't as hands on as he used to be and some mediocre designers on his team are designing.  (Yes, I know he never designed everything, but it IS his name and I am sure he goes over a lot of the designs or should). 

"Jump on the bandwagon of trends" is way overdone on Q.  Cold shoulders, lace.  I just returned Isaac's lace TSV dress.  I do wear some dresses that are above my knees, but that one was so fitted that when I sat down it looked horrible.  I'm not 16 years old.  LOL.    I found 3 darling dresses at my B&M stores for my vacation.  Two are lace, but not "in your face" lace.  Very elegant lace,  fit and flare dresses which suit my body type.   I got them on sale at my fave department store but they look so much more expensive than the TSV dress. 

I did buy his ombre lace tunic in two colors and like it very much.  It looks like something Isaac did. 

Esteemed Contributor

@misschristy wrote:

Even Isaac's line is suffering from lack of inspiration and the nice details he used to do.  I think he isn't as hands on as he used to be and some mediocre designers on his team are designing.  (Yes, I know he never designed everything, but it IS his name and I am sure he goes over a lot of the designs or should). 

"Jump on the bandwagon of trends" is way overdone on Q.  Cold shoulders, lace.  I just returned Isaac's lace TSV dress.  I do wear some dresses that are above my knees, but that one was so fitted that when I sat down it looked horrible.  I'm not 16 years old.  LOL.    I found 3 darling dresses at my B&M stores for my vacation.  Two are lace, but not "in your face" lace.  Very elegant lace,  fit and flare dresses which suit my body type.   I got them on sale at my fave department store but they look so much more expensive than the TSV dress. 

I did buy his ombre lace tunic in two colors and like it very much.  It looks like something Isaac did. 

@misschristy that may be true of his line for the Q.  His other mainstream items are lovely when you can find them.

*Call Tyrone*