Contributor

Re: Where Are the Goodlooking Clothes?

I returned my Isacc lace dress too. I bought the black one thinking it would look really elegant (black lace) but like you said it was just too fitted and too short for someone my age.

Super Contributor

I can't see QVC offering clothing that doesn't sell. I say different strokes for different folks. People who don't care for what is offered are welcome to watch something else!

Honored Contributor

Good looking is in the eye of the beholder. I haven't bought a TSV in years. I can't buy 2 piece sets because I am not the same size top and bottom. I always hesitate buying anything online due to fit issues and returns. I prefer to shop in stores and try things on so I don't make as many bad purchases. I am not into the shark bite, cold shoulder, or lace trends, but I love a good stripe or print. Everybody is different. 

Respected Contributor

When I first read the title I thought, how pretentious.  But then I remembered it is just an opinion and this is mine. There are fashion lines here I don't buy and some I do.  They fit my lifestyle and location.  Alaskan beaches are nothing like east coast ones. LOL  I wore an uniform for 4 years and like having individual tastes

Respected Contributor

Chico's is probably my go to store and I've also gotten a lot at HSN recently.  I try to order clothes from the Q but they almost never fit.  I am not sure what is going on with sizing.  I do try to read the measurement charts but almost nothing works for me.  Most things are way too big, even though I am not a tiny person.   Maybe I am just have not tried the right designers here.  Isaac is hit or miss for me. 

Super Contributor

While I agree that the fashion TSV's of late have been disappointing, I disagree that there are no "good-looking" clothes being offered. I browse the New Arrivals every day and lately I have added many tops, dresses, skirts to my wish list. C Wonder, Halston, Isaac, and even LOGO have brought some great new pieces...although for me the prices are what's stopping me from buying. I just don't want to $40-$50 plus shipping and tax unless I absolutely love it. I've become too spoiled by great sales at local retailers and HSN!

Valued Contributor

I live 15 miles from the nation's largest designer/premium outlet center and I don't find the "goodlooking clothes" there, either. So, I don't think brick and mortar stores have them either. Each of us has our own personal definition of "goodlooking" in fashion. We used to be able to eventually find particular stores that offered what our eyes (an opinion) saw as goodlooking. The problem is that is no longer the case with fashion. Fashion retailers and manufacturers run everything on algorithms, metrics, and retail matrix. If your taste, fit, and lifestyle needs runs contrary to these tools and measures, you're not going to find fashions you see as goodlooking. Apparently I'm one of those who doesn't fit that data.

Regular Contributor

I  donot buy clothes from QVC.  Go to Talbots and u will find clothes that are not tunic style.  I usually wait for sales and I get a better price.

Honored Contributor

GOODLOOKING is itself an opinion, not a fact.  We probably each have our very own definition of what looks good to our eye depending upon whether it looks good on us personally or  belongs on someone else.The more I understand what works well for me, the better I feel when I get dressed. 

I've never bought much clothing here or anywhere "long distance."  QVC could stop selling clothing and jewelry and lose hardly anything of the money I spend here, but I should add that overall I have been displeased with what is being sold in so many places now. 

I attribute lots of my feelings to where I am in life.  I don't want business clothes, I don't want dressy outfits, and I don't much like what's edgy in fashion right now.  It's okay, though.  I still like to closet shop.