Trusted Contributor

Re: When you are indecisive about whether or not to return an item...

I am no longer indecisive.  Looked at a closet full of things I never wore.  Expensive and stupid.  Return!!

Trusted Contributor

That's great. I hope the tops last for years.

Trusted Contributor

@Trudey

After many years, my rule of thumb now is much like a few of the posters here:

If you like it a lot and think you will wear it often, keep it.

If you are on the fence for whatever reason, chances are, it will hang in your closet.

I am trying to sort through my clothes, and I have found there are so many items I don't seem to wear. 

Honored Contributor

I know instantly in most cases if I am keeping or returning. Same thing goes for trying things on in stores. If it doesn’t fit, flatter, or if it is uncomfortable, or causing me to pull on tug on it, etc. it goes back. Sometimes I find myself trying to rationalize a purchase which is a clear sign to me to not buy that item. 

Respected Contributor

Okay, I laundered and decided to keep.  Now I'm back to thinking they aren't a good value.  I normally don't send things back after laundering, unless there is a defect, but these are going back.  I'm tired of going back and forth about keeping them.  Honestly, in all my years of purchasing from QVC, this the first time I've ever been so indecisive about keeping/returning something.  I just need to assume that this means I won't wear the tops and I definitely don't need anything else just hanging in my closet.

Esteemed Contributor

I wish I could return all the things I bought over the years that I NEVER or HARDLY wore or used.  I have probably a dozen things in my closet that I never wore, or even have an occasion to wear.  I have an Issac dress that I thought I would wear to a wedding last summer and ended up buying a Susan Graver dress that I liked much better.  I still have not worn the Isaac dress.  I have skirts and nice tops I have not worn either.  Living in a hot climate and having a very casual work place does not help my dilemma !!!

My rule now is that if I don't love it right away, if I would not pay that price and buy it if I saw it in a store, then it goes back.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

@Puppy Lips  I also bought an Isaac dress that I've never worn.  It is a pretty dress, but I should have returned it.  Like you, I have purchased many things over the years that I only wore once or twice...if ever.  Such a waste of money.  I'm trying to be much more selective these days.

Trusted Contributor

I just returned a jacket yesterday as I bought it last weekend and was undecided all week whether to keep it or not.  Well, I felt so much better after I returned it.  I have been looking over my closet and there are so many things that I just do not wear.  I simply buy too much and end up wearing just certain pieces.  The jacket was not a style I would usually wear and the more I looked at it the more indecisive I became.  I hope that I will try to really think about my purchases as I too dislike having to return something but I am glad that I could return it to the store.  I try to not buy any clothes on line as I always have to try my clothes on anyway. I think you will feel better if you return the items,  There will always be something else that catches your eye.