Respected Contributor

Re: When you are indecisive about whether or not to return an item...

OH boy I am doing this with a jacket right now....It fits me perfectly....fabric is very nice...style great except it has a peplum...and it comes out just a tad to much...everytime I put it on I think to myself "I wish this was just abit less here on the sides".  So I understand....I am going to try it on again tomorrow with dress pants and heels...get the full effect and see if it's a style I can really like or not.

Sometimes it's just difficult to make that decision...for me it's another return and I am sick of that game too.  

Honored Contributor

I'm either "in love" or "in not" period from when I first see an item.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

If I have any question about keeping an item I pack it up, drive straight to the post office and return it.  I know that something else will show up that can take its place. 

Respected Contributor

@itsmagic

Yeah, that's what I did for quite a while, then I got "the letter."  So be careful.  

Right now I'm looking at a Graver jacket/top I ordered.  It's yummy pretty, I just love it!  It's polyester, could be too hot in CA.  Not sure I would ever wear it.  Thinking, thinking, thinking....what to do.  But, events do come along when you need something like this. Right.

Esteemed Contributor

@Trudey

Return it. I always follow my gut feelings about everything.

Honored Contributor

@Trudey wrote:

Do you usually return it?  I have two tops that I am going back and forth on whether to keep or return.  I really like them and they look nice on me, but I'm concerned that the fabric may not hold up well and they are a little pricey.  I keep packing them up to send back, then unpacking them again.  I'm trying to be selective about what I order and what I keep.  If something requires this much thought, is it really worth keeping?

@Trudey

No.  If I have to go back and forth like that, then, no.  It's my inner voice saying --- nope --- not for you.  Send them back and you will find something better and you don't have to second guess it.  I'm getting more like this also.  If I am not totally satisfied with something, then back it goes.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

I try to go with my gut feeling or I find it just hangs in my closet...

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@itsmagic wrote:

I know that something else will show up that can take its place. 

I really believe this! In time, the right item will come my way. 

But, if I've already invested in a lesser item, one that was a compromise, I might not have the funds for the perfect one.

That makes me think twice about choosing or keeping things that aren't quite right.

Respected Contributor

@Lisa Y wrote:

Hi. Since your main concern is the fabric, follow the directions for laundering. If you have some time before the 30 day return policy is up, wash the garments now and see how they come out. As far as being pricey, how often do you think you'll wear the tops? If you think you'll get lots of wear, then it's worth keeping the tops. Good luck!

@Lisa Y  I took your advice and laundered both tops according to the care directions.  They both came out great and the fabric is so much softer than before laundering.  I was concerned about wrinkling too, but neither top needed to be steamed or ironed.  Thank you for the recommendation.  I may regret it (I hope not), but I have decided to keep them.

Honored Contributor

If I actually went through the effort of packing them up to send them back, I'd send them back.  I really need to absolutely love something to keep it.  I've wasted way too much money on items that "might" be okay or that I "might" like.