Respected Contributor

When you are indecisive about whether or not to return an item...

Do you usually return it?  I have two tops that I am going back and forth on whether to keep or return.  I really like them and they look nice on me, but I'm concerned that the fabric may not hold up well and they are a little pricey.  I keep packing them up to send back, then unpacking them again.  I'm trying to be selective about what I order and what I keep.  If something requires this much thought, is it really worth keeping?

Trusted Contributor

Re: When you are indecisive about whether or not to return an item...

Hi. Since your main concern is the fabric, follow the directions for laundering. If you have some time before the 30 day return policy is up, wash the garments now and see how they come out. As far as being pricey, how often do you think you'll wear the tops? If you think you'll get lots of wear, then it's worth keeping the tops. Good luck!

Honored Contributor

If it is something that I will absolutely wear and often, then I’ll keep it.  If it is something I might wear, maybe...then I’ll send it back.  It’s not really expensive if you wear it a lot. If you pay $20 for a top and only wear it once, that is expensive.

Honored Contributor

I have done that, but after I launder the item a few times I realize I should have returned them. Even Denim&Co. is not what it used to be fabric and knit wise. I have cotton/spandex tops with embellishment  I bought from Boscov's 7 years ago that were in the wash every week and I still wear them.

Honored Contributor

Ordered set of two Carole Hochman sleep shirts. Unfortunately at first unaware of issue with the pockets. Design was uncomfortable over sized. I own another set no issues. Granddaughter complimented print and softness. So wanted to keep but couldn't get past bulky unattractive pockets. Suffice to say returned. 

Honored Contributor

@Trudey  pack them up and return them.  If the fabric is not quality, you will regret keeping them.  I prefer quality fabrics or ones that are close to it.  Cheap fabric always loses especially in the wash. Cat Wink

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

I just feel like if I'm having to think about it so much, I'll regret keeping them.  I think the indecision is coming from the fact that I really love the style and am trying to convince myself that the fabric is okay.  If the fabric were different, I know I'd love them and wear them often, but I'm leaning towards returning.

Respected Contributor

My rule is when I have any reservation back it goes.

I use this with all categories that I order from, although 

I am certainly not perfect at applying my own rule.

Contributor

I think you just answered  your question !   If you do not love it--- send it back.  My mom always said to me "when in doubt, don't.'   You are not 100% so you should return.  There will be something else you will LOVE!  By the way, I do the same thing.  I waffle back and forth wondering if I should keep or not.  Drive myself crazY!!!!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

If I have reservations once I get something home, I return it. I never get more fond of something over time. Usually the relationship continues to go downhill.