Honored Contributor

Re: When you and your S/O go out together, do you..

On 6/29/2014 beach-mom said:
On 6/29/2014 house_cat said:

Well, as often happens, my question was misinterpreted. I wasn't asking if husbands and wives should wear matching outfits.

DH and I are going to a wedding. My dress is tan with black. He wanted to wear a grey suit, but I think his black one will look better considering that I'm wearing tan/black.

Is that kind of coordinating laughable or old fashioned? I guess so based on the responses here.

When we go OUT we don't match; however in your case I would do the same thing. I would make sure he wore a suit that looked good with my dress. I don't think it's laughable or old fashioned. Smile

i still would not match or coordinate.....even in that situation. i let him decide what works best for him and i worry about my own attire and look. we always look good together.....in or out of clothes. LOL

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

Well, as often happens, my question was misinterpreted. I wasn't asking if husbands and wives should wear matching outfits.

DH and I are going to a wedding. My dress is tan with black. He wanted to wear a grey suit, but I think his black one will look better considering that I'm wearing tan/black.

Is that kind of coordinating laughable or old fashioned? I guess so based on the responses here.

I get your question, hc, and would answer an emphatic "YES". That doesn't mean we wear matching colors or styles. What is does mean is we coordinate with one another so that when we are seen out and about we look like a couple. This is not a difficult task since I have a lot of input in his wardrobe purchases.

I agree, I think your husband should wear his black suit!

Super Contributor

No. We're two distinct and separate people. When people do that I think it's a sign that they're minds are going....or they've been together too long.

Honored Contributor

No! and if i see we are dressed similar I change

Honored Contributor

On 6/29/2014 magicmoodz said:

I get your question, hc, and would answer an emphatic "YES". That doesn't mean we wear matching colors or styles. What is does mean is we coordinate with one another so that when we are seen out and about we look like a couple. This is not a difficult task since I have a lot of input in his wardrobe purchases.

I agree, I think your husband should wear his black suit!

Thank you Smile

~ house cat ~
Esteemed Contributor

Remember that couple who was on the news years ago where the wife made all their matching clothes??? That was a riot!

Frequent Contributor

Never

Frequent Contributor

too funny. Married nearly 30 years, and the most "coordination" we've done is both wearing swim suits to the beach, ski pants to the slopes, and coats on cold days. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

As someone has already mentioned, I just try to make sure he's wearing something clean. I'll add that he doesn't always make the distinction between his old jeans, that are good for yardwork and home chores, and the newer ones that are meant for going out.
Valued Contributor

No, never. Years ago we had friends who were a married couple who had matching outfits. We both thought it was kinda strange. Blech - lol.