Honored Contributor

I don't believe they are on a delay. I once heard a caller drop the F bomb

Honored Contributor

The callers to speak to Nick Chavez are the best. They're true fans who have used his hair care for decades. He seems to love the calls and goes up to the camera for "kisses" before they hang up. It's a hoot!

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@Andreatoo  Yes, I heard it twice. The first time was long ago to Mary Beth. A man said **** you. The look on her face! She handled it very well.

The other when the caller screamed at her family to shut the **** up, she's on the phone.

Respected Contributor

A good reason why they should end the stupid calls. Is anyone out there impelled to buy from listening to these calls? At the very least they are just awkward and at worst totally cringeworthy.  Ideally they want the caller to come on, gush over the product and then get off quickly, but what often happens is caller will drone on endlessly or worse yet drop a vulgar word as has happened too.

Honored Contributor

I have called in before and there is a delay. I figured quickly that I should not be looking at the TV while talking to the host and the vendor because of the delay. So, I just looked away while I talked and listened to the their responses.

I anticipated there might be a delay, because while waiting for them to talk with me, the producer has you "live" while waiting; thus, you can hear what they are saying to the TV audience while you are on the phone before they get to you. That was when I noticed that what I saw happening on TV was slightly off (not in sync) with what I was hearing.

I love to listen to the callers because many times they give me ideas on how to use a product that I would have thought of, particularly with kitchen items. 

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

@Andreatoo  Yes, I heard it twice. The first time was long ago to Mary Beth. A man said **** you. The look on her face! She handled it very well.

The other when the caller screamed at her family to shut the **** up, she's on the phone.

@proudlyfromNJ 

The time I heard it the host was Shawn and the product was 8 greens. It wasn't directed at anyone but the call was immediately disconnected

Respected Contributor

I immediately press mute or change channels if the calls start. They are almost always dreadful.

Trusted Contributor

@SunValley wrote:

I immediately press mute or change channels if the calls start. They are almost always dreadful.

I'm the same.  Either mute or "click!"

Esteemed Contributor

@KKJ wrote:

@kivah wrote:

@Estates wrote:

I believe there is a pause between what you hear on tv and on the phone.If you listen to the tv,you are lagging behind.It seems like they are always telling people to turn down the tv or radio when they call into shows.

There's always a delay -- in case someone behaves badly.

Well I have a good remedy for that---stop the phone calls!  Can't listen to them, in fact I change the channel as soon as I hear those dreaded words, "Let's go to the phones!"

What benefit are they I ask??

In the past, they had many more people calling in. Some sound like they're doing a QVC commercial.

Esteemed Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

Many times they say the caller isn't on the line --- they obviously cut him/her off.