Honored Contributor

Re: When do you wear jewelry?!?

When?  Whenever I leave the apt.  ALWAYS - earrings, bracelet, watch and two rings.  Always ....

I have everyday stuff, and special occasion stuff.

Honored Contributor

Welcome to the Community @MrsZed   I totally get what you are asking.  When I was growing up there was more of an etiquette involved with certain types of earrings.  I'm not kidding, I knew women who wore glasses that wouldn't wear earrings that drew attention to their face.

There were day/casual earrings:  could be studs, hoops or drop earrings, not much bling.

There were workplace earrings:  more conservative, smaller in scale, not flashy and could be studs, hoops or drops. 

There were dressy/after 5 earrings:  bring on the bling, larger or longer in scale, could be studs, hoops or drop/dangle earrings.

Over the years, the lines have blurred and anything goes.

For casual or dressy events - wear what you feel comfortable in.

For workplace - that depends on if you have to abide my a dress code.  Is the dress code more conservative?

Have fun experimenting.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

I only wear earrings around the house but always wear my jewelry when I go out.....for anything. I wear what I like and what suits my mood and give no thought to whether it 'seems right' or not.

Who's to say, anyway. Wear your things and enjoy them. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Most of the time.  I have jewelry of some sort on all the time I am not doing heavy housework with banned chemical substances.  In other words, I rarely take it off, rings only come off if I'm worried about dirt getting stuck around stones, for example.  Earrings are some pair of lever backs that stay in for weeks at a time.  

Honored Contributor

always when I leave the house---always, always earrings--sometimes necklaces never rings or bracelets--have ugly hands so never want to bring any attention to them.

Honored Contributor

You should never wear jewelry to bed.  I even take off my wedding rings/diamond.  Stones can get loosen gradually. Over time you can damage them.  My younger sister had a 14K Omega 42 grams.  She fell asleep still wearing it.  She dented it.  So badly it could not be fixed.  She had to resell it to melt down. LOL.  Her boyfriend who gave her the original felt badly too.  He gave her another one.  Needless to say, she no longer wears jewelry to bed.  Anyway, I don't think a lot of people are aware about that.  So Bedtime....no jewelry.

Honored Contributor

I don't work out, sleep, or shower with jewelry on.

When I go out, I almost always have on my rings and bracelets and earrings. 

Honored Contributor

I notice I don't see them selling those gold herringbone necklaces very much anymore.  DD kinked hers even when she was careful.  Another one off to the great melting smelter in New York.  

Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:

I notice I don't see them selling those gold herringbone necklaces very much anymore.  DD kinked hers even when she was careful.  Another one off to the great melting smelter in New York.

I don't think they sell them anymore either,  I haven't seen one in years.  I loved herringbones back in the day.  I had them in different size, I had bracelets but they always kinked and then they would snap....when gold prices shot through the roof years ago and I sold some....I sold all those broken herringbones.    

Occasional Contributor

Thank you for the welcome! @Kachina624 I’m asking as I feel out of the loop and thought there was a “way” to wear certain pieces. I don’t want it to look like I’m trying to hard. I constantly where circle ball studs and miss my funky earrings but didn’t want to look out of place while working with high school students so again just curious what’s out there and what others do!