Respected Contributor

Re: When do you start wearing boots?

I try to hold off until mid October but I have a new skirt I have wanted to wear so I am hoping for some very cool days soon... I love boots with skinny jeans and skirts. Love Fall/ Winter clothing!

Super Contributor

On 9/25/2014 beckyb1012 said:

I usually am still wearing sandals in late November and I have on occasion worn sandals one day and be pulling on my boots the next morning due to a cold snap. We actually had a winter last year here in Texas.

Yes! Didn't we actually have an ice storm in November?! I started wearing mine around Thanksgiving. But there were some warm days. It's tricky in the South. Especially in TX with the bipolar weather!

Super Contributor

Love boots, love to wear them. But we are in a 5 month heat wave., ready to move someplace cooler...and wear boots!
Honored Contributor

I wear tall boots when I start to wear thicker sweaters than what we're wearing now, usually in November. I wear booties in the fall when the day temp is lower than seventy degrees unless they're open toe.

Honored Contributor

On 9/25/2014 bbluvr said:
On 9/25/2014 beckyb1012 said:

I usually am still wearing sandals in late November and I have on occasion worn sandals one day and be pulling on my boots the next morning due to a cold snap. We actually had a winter last year here in Texas.

Yes! Didn't we actually have an ice storm in November?! I started wearing mine around Thanksgiving. But there were some warm days. It's tricky in the South. Especially in TX with the bipolar weather!

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} That's cute, bipolar for Texas Weather. 64 right now this morning but expected to be in mid 90's this afternoon. Wear what we want when we want in some states.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

I wear boots only when it is absolutely necessary.

Respected Contributor

As soon as it is 50 degrees or lower in the morning. I love boots and I am happy when it gets cold enough in the morning to wear them.

Honored Contributor

Now. But only my low-heeled ones. Can't wear the ones with heels anymore. But still love my boots!!

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Valued Contributor

I think ankle boots can be worn 3/4 of the year. Especially if the pants cover the boots. Now knee boots are more for colder weather I'd say windy 50's and lower. While rain boots can be worn anytime as long as it is really raining.

Respected Contributor

When the morning temperatures hit in the 40's, Ill consider knee high bots with a skirt or dress. Ankle boots with pants might be a choice at that time too.