Respected Contributor

Re: When do you start wearing boots?

When it snows.

Esteemed Contributor

I wear flip flops as long as possible, usually until the end of Oct or when the daytime temps are below 65 or 70. Boots are usually for the late fall and winter for me.

Super Contributor

When my feet get cold. That's my boot-fashion calendar.

Honored Contributor

When water is running over the curbs or there is ice and snow. I HATE wearing boots.

Respected Contributor

It has been in the 40's mornings warming up to mid 60s to 80 some days..so I wear them in the morning and swap out mid morning lol..

I hate giving up my lovely sandals..and hiding my toes lol..but really - I hate the enclosed feeling of shoes.

Totally depends on the temp to me and not the calendar. Once the temp hit below 50 in the morning ...I started swapping out.

Honored Contributor

I don't like wearing boots, or shoes for that matter. I perfer sandles or bare feet or clogs. I start to wear boots when it is around 30 degrees or the weather is really wet or theire is snow on the ground.

Super Contributor

I wore ankle boots last Saturday. Most of my winter shoes are ankle boots and ""shooties.""

All my summer shoes are packed away.

Super Contributor

On 9/25/2014 Kathleen said:

I wore ankle boots last Saturday. Most of my winter shoes are ankle boots and "shooties."

You have your summer shoes packed away? It's going to be over 80, Sat-Mon in NYC.

Unless there is a chilly or wet day, I wear sandals through October.

Honored Contributor

On 9/25/2014 ivanatrump said:
On 9/25/2014 Kathleen said:

I wore ankle boots last Saturday. Most of my winter shoes are ankle boots and "shooties."

You have your summer shoes packed away? It's going to be over 80, Sat-Mon in NYC.

Unless there is a chilly or wet day, I wear sandals through October.

My feet were not happy being in those boots. I swear I heard them yelling "free me." {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Super Contributor

As long as I have a nice pedi I wear my sandals and open toe shoes into mid-October. It will be cold, rainy and snowy soon enough for boots. Yuk. Winter.