Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: When do you shop for fall clothes?

Ugh...never! I despise Fall! Just a prelude to our long, hard Winters. I'm a Summer gal. Get depressed when Fall arrives. Its so short where I live. Why buy clothes when I can wear them just one time? It gets cold and snowy here in a flash. Boooo Fall. 

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

when it gets cooler

Honored Contributor

I felt like three wet blankets came down on me as I stepped outside this morning, the humidity so bad.  We will get the effects of Laura starting late today and especially tomorrow so fall is a bit in the future.  My favorite season as well and thank goodness the backside of August is finally here.  Sept. will be about 5º cooler.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@PinkyPetunia wrote:

I don't have a designated time to shop for fall or any other season.  If I see something I like, I buy it knowing I will want it in the future. I have already bought 3 long sleeve tops for the fall.  If I wait till October I won't find my size in the colors I like, more than likely.

I would also pick up summer clearance items now if I see things I like.

I operate the same way.

@PinkyPetunia 

Honored Contributor

@PreKteacher  - I'm always looking out for a good bargain throughout the year.  However, I normally order clothing right before the season begins - if I am in need.  I like watching the Lunchtime & Primetime Specials for good deals. 

Esteemed Contributor

The weather in Seattle is pretty mild and I don't really have many seasonal clothes ... other than linen. This year I didn't even wear my linen pcs as we didn't/couldn't go anywhere I would need them. Our huge adventure was going to the family beach house which we share w/ others and this year we didn't even get to all meet up at same time. Sigh.

I don't look good in "fall" colors ... so I guess I'm in the camp of I buy something I like when I see it, if the price is right. Don't really need many clothing items. I do want some new jeans and boots. That's about it for me this fall/winter.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

I love fall! Love wearing sweaters, hoodies, jeans, and boots.

I haven’t bought any fall clothing yet, but I have looked online at some things. I've bought fall clothing in August before even though it’s hot where I live through September.

If I see something I Iike and can afford it, I buy it, even if I might not wear it that season. Not sure what I will buy this season since I prefer shopping in person for clothes, and I’ve been staying home a lot unless it’s a necessary trip. 

Honored Contributor

I've been buying shorts and short sleeve tops for the summer now.  They are on sale and I always buy them thims time of the year. August is great for sales. 

Around September, I start buying winter stuff.  

Honored Contributor

Generally at the end of the season last year! Just put them away until this Fall season.

I have “look” - I only wear certain styles and certain colors - never care about trends.
Respected Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:
Generally at the end of the season last year! Just put them away until this Fall season.

I have “look” - I only wear certain styles and certain colors - never care about trends.

this and whenever I see a bargain