Honored Contributor

Re: When do you shop for fall clothes?

I did today. A Jones NY wool coat for the upcoming cold weather this winter. I also ordered some new trousers. I lost weight and last winter's clothing are all too big. (perfect excuse for new wardrobe)

Honored Contributor

The way our weather goes now; I have Summer clothes and I wear those June/July/August.  And then there are clothes I wear the other 9 months of the year.  I work from home and I like comfortable clothing that is washable.  So, I don't buy a lot at one particular time.  I bought two of Isaac's button down shirts last Saturday and two pairs of Iman's jeans when they were the TSV.  When they start showing winter clothing, I'll buy a couple of sweaters.  

Respected Contributor

Right now---my closet. I have so many things, I am so fortunate. Funny to think back when I was a young working girl and had so few oufits. 

Honored Contributor

I'm not ready yet.  Still in the high 80's most days here, and I'm not needing much of my clothing at this time, anyway. 

maybe next month 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Even though I live in the beautiful mountains, the loss of light and the mustards and orange coming out in nature across the country side has always caused me to be sad.

What resonates with me is bare trees and wet leaves and has since I was a child.  

Because of my slightly olive complection, many of the colors turn me green.  I buy navy, blue based green, or forest green, true deep purple, ruby red, burgandy, and deep chocolate if I can find those colors.

Trusted Contributor

This year, I don't plan to shop for clothes at all. I haven't yet worn a couple of things I ordered last March.

Most years, I like to shop at the end of the season and only buy when things are bargains, even if I have to wait 6 months or more to wear them.

Honored Contributor

I don't specifically look for seasonal clothing.  If I see any piece of clothing I like I will buy it then.  

Esteemed Contributor

I've been cleaning out closets and donating a lot. 

I'm not going out now even to lunch. Only walk the dog and have plenty of older d & co pants and tops. Church is opened but reservations needed and older people are told to stay home. 
  The tops I've had for years are better made and last longer than new materials. 
  Dressing rooms aren't open here and I'm short, trying them on and not returning is a must. 
  I don't want to pay shipping so wait until it's free. 
  So, I'm shopping in my closets!

Respected Contributor

I love fall, too! There is nothing like a crackling fire, hot cider, pumpkins, cider donuts!

Esteemed Contributor

Normally, I'd be in the stores shopping for fall clothes about now.  But this isn't a normal time and I won't be inside any stores.  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt