Super Contributor

When do you shop for fall clothes?

I love fall! It's my favorite season in terms of weather, and it's also my favorite season for clothes. However, where I live it won't be "sweater weather" until at least mid-October, and even then it's usually too warm in the middle of the day to wear a sweater. So, I can't bring myself to shop for fall clothes until early October at best. 

What about you? Can you shop for cool weather clothing yet? 

Honored Contributor

Re: When do you shop for fall clothes?

Yes, I can. Heart

Respected Contributor

I don't have a designated time to shop for fall or any other season.  If I see something I like, I buy it knowing I will want it in the future. I have already bought 3 long sleeve tops for the fall.  If I wait till October I won't find my size in the colors I like, more than likely.

I would also pick up summer clearance items now if I see things I like.

Super Contributor

I've been shopping for fall since June, pretty much have what I need.  Can't wait for fall and to wear my new clothing.  By Oct everything is pretty much gone.

Esteemed Contributor

If it's something I really like or need @PreKteacher yes I can.  Just to get my choice of color or size. Especially if I'm shopping on line. I am in the same climate as you and if I wait to long my choices are limited.

Honored Contributor

YUP!

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@PreKteacher 

Retailers have schedules that must be adhered to ... when manufacturers send clothing out; retailers  certainly can't benefit from letting the new stock just sit in warehouses.  It has to go out, keep stock moving, or a major logjam will occur sooner or later.

For me, the current temperature outside has nothing to do with when I make my purchases.  Lets say I want to purchase a couple pair of slacks.  What matters most is that I review online anything which should be considered.  Personally, I think it's best to shop when the selection is best, unless you're waiting for clearance sales.  

Time flies.  If I want to purchase a new bathing suit, I would first check out the "cruise wear" offerings, or early spring when they hit retail.   If I wait until July to look for a bathing suit, they will be all picked over and I'll have much less to choose from.  I might not find anything because I wasted time.

To ensure I'll have a decent selection to choose from, I don't let the current weather become a factor in my shopping decisions.

Honored Contributor

Not interested now as it is in mid to high 90's.  I can't begin to think about a sweater.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Where I live it seems like we go from air conditioning to heat in a matter of days.   I’m not sure when that will be but usually mid-September.   So if I see something I need for fall I buy it now since by October the size or color I want will be gone. 

Honored Contributor

Usually around September I will start casually looking at "Fall" things, whether I need them or not, which I definitely do not this year. I may or may not purchase till October, if at all. I for sure don't relish trying things on while it's 90+ degrees.
"To each their own, in all things".