Honored Contributor

Re: When did wearing black become the new holiday color?

Who said it was the new holiday color?

It's not the holiday season yet.  And since when do the hosts have to wear what you consider to be holiday colors? 

Honored Contributor

@JesssMe wrote:

I have noticed that some of the hosts seem to wear black every time they are on the air.  Did I miss a memo that Black is the new holiday color?  What happened to happy colors, to celebrate the season?

@JesssMe

Just to be perfectly clear .........    

Which holiday are you referring to?

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

I love black in clothing...it's slimming and I feel, always appropriate.  I do find I have to wear a bit stronger makeup when I wear black, as I can look washed out if I don't.

I also love navy for a lot of the same reasons I like wearing black; it's slimming and classic.

By the way, I love the pictures someone posted of the wedding parties wearing black...extremely elegant!

Valued Contributor

@ID2 I almost always wear black to a wedding, even in the summer. I would not wear red, it stands out too much.  You should not wear white, or traditionally you don't wear it. that is.  If you don't know the colors of the wedding you can look like you are in the wedding party or the immediate family.  Many colors I just don't like or would not wear more than once. I find it much easier and cost effective to wear my LBD's to these events than to try to be conscientious of every little thing that could potentially offend the bride or others in the family or break the wallet. I also just feel more confident in black at more dressy events.  However, there were a few exceptions to this wear the wedding was very casual and I wore a sundress, or a more casual black trouser with a lighter top look.