Honored Contributor

Re: When did wearing black become the new holiday color?

Black makes me happy

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Super Contributor

I totally understand what JesssMe is saying and I agree with her.  For some unknown reason, some posters seem to be implying that she is knocking the color black but I don't read her post that way.  I think JesssMe is making the point that it is usual during holiday shows for holiday colors to be predominant.  The hosts will take every opportunity during their shows to push the colors red, green and orange as "holiday colors" because it suits their sales so, yes, it would be nice to see the hosts in something other than black, especially during holiday shows.

One more point.  I see one poster is already being rather hostile - in more than one post - yet has only 3 Posts under her name.  Perhaps she needs to calm down and help keep these boards as civil as we would all want them to be.  

Honored Contributor

Oh I get it! This is a backhanded way of starting an anti Shawn thread!
( where's the eye-rolling emoji?)
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Ummmmmm...........it's not exactly "new"

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Why do you get to choose what is a holiday color, or what others should wear ??

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Black has always been a holiday color. And a dressy occasion color.

Honored Contributor

I think she looked good.

Honored Contributor

Black velvet has always been a holiday standard.

Respected Contributor

@Fona wrote:

I totally understand what JesssMe is saying and I agree with her.  For some unknown reason, some posters seem to be implying that she is knocking the color black but I don't read her post that way.  I think JesssMe is making the point that it is usual during holiday shows for holiday colors to be predominant.  The hosts will take every opportunity during their shows to push the colors red, green and orange as "holiday colors" because it suits their sales so, yes, it would be nice to see the hosts in something other than black, especially during holiday shows.

One more point.  I see one poster is already being rather hostile - in more than one post - yet has only 3 Posts under her name.  Perhaps she needs to calm down and help keep these boards as civil as we would all want them to be.  

@Fona not sure how my number of posts relates to anything, but I can assure you I am very calm, not the least bit hostile, and yes I was very civil. 

Honored Contributor

@JesssMe wrote:

I have noticed that some of the hosts seem to wear black every time they are on the air.  Did I miss a memo that Black is the new holiday color?  What happened to happy colors, to celebrate the season?

@JesssMe

Black is a festive, dressy color .... do you seriously NOT own at least one Little Black Dress for dressy occasions?   Not only is it slimming, but it shows off our jewelry well, no matter what we choose to wear.  

BTW ..... I think black is a happy color .... it sure makes me happy.