Super Contributor

When did wearing black become the new holiday color?

I have noticed that some of the hosts seem to wear black every time they are on the air.  Did I miss a memo that Black is the new holiday color?  What happened to happy colors, to celebrate the season?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: When did wearing black become the new holiday color?

Well, since the upcoming holiday is Halloween, I'd say they're right on target!

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Respected Contributor

Who says it's the "holiday color"???  Just because they are wearing black, which I don't find that to be true because they all wear different colors.  I don't get where you are coming from.

Honored Contributor

i have A LOT of black in my wardrobe. i find it very chic, always appropriate, and it is the perfect basic canvas for your accessories.....jewelry, scarves, belts, shoes, handbags, hats, tights.....you can make a black outfit very festive if you choose to.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@makena wrote:

Who says it's the "holiday color"???  Just because they are wearing black, which I don't find that to be true because they all wear different colors.  I don't get where you are coming from.

@makena I know exactly where the OP wants to go with this.Woman HappyHeart

Don't worry, be Happy!
Super Contributor

The host that is on right now, Shawn, wears black everytime she is on air. I have noticed it for at least the last month.  Everytime, no exception.

Respected Contributor

@happygolfcartrider wrote:

@makena wrote:

@makena I know exactly where the OP wants to go with this.Woman HappyHeart

Great minds think alike!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

I've seen other fashion hosts wear black. I think that's a good idea because it allows them to easily change into lots of tops, jackets, etc. during the show and still have a cohesive look.

Respected Contributor

@JesssMe wrote:

The host that is on right now, Shawn, wears black everytime she is on air. I have noticed it for at least the last month.  Everytime, no exception.

It's simply not true.  And if it was, I don't get the connection between "holiday color" and the fact (as you say) that Shawn is wearing black.  No where did anyone state that.

You wear whatever makes you happy.

Respected Contributor

I think black is the best color. It is happy  because it makes me feel happy when I wear it.