Reply
Regular Contributor
Posts: 224
Registered: ‎05-29-2010

When did wearing black become the new holiday color?

I have noticed that some of the hosts seem to wear black every time they are on the air.  Did I miss a memo that Black is the new holiday color?  What happened to happy colors, to celebrate the season?

Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,010
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: When did wearing black become the new holiday color?

Well, since the upcoming holiday is Halloween, I'd say they're right on target!

Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,735
Registered: ‎10-29-2016

Re: When did wearing black become the new holiday color?

Who says it's the "holiday color"???  Just because they are wearing black, which I don't find that to be true because they all wear different colors.  I don't get where you are coming from.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 35,432
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: When did wearing black become the new holiday color?

i have A LOT of black in my wardrobe. i find it very chic, always appropriate, and it is the perfect basic canvas for your accessories.....jewelry, scarves, belts, shoes, handbags, hats, tights.....you can make a black outfit very festive if you choose to.

**********************************************
"I would prefer even to to fail with honor than win by cheating." - Sophocles
Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,463
Registered: ‎05-10-2013

Re: When did wearing black become the new holiday color?


@makena wrote:

Who says it's the "holiday color"???  Just because they are wearing black, which I don't find that to be true because they all wear different colors.  I don't get where you are coming from.


@makena I know exactly where the OP wants to go with this.Woman HappyHeart

Don't worry, be Happy!
Regular Contributor
Posts: 224
Registered: ‎05-29-2010

Re: When did wearing black become the new holiday color?

The host that is on right now, Shawn, wears black everytime she is on air. I have noticed it for at least the last month.  Everytime, no exception.

 

Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,735
Registered: ‎10-29-2016

Re: When did wearing black become the new holiday color?


@happygolfcartrider wrote:

@makena wrote:

Who says it's the "holiday color"???  Just because they are wearing black, which I don't find that to be true because they all wear different colors.  I don't get where you are coming from.


@makena I know exactly where the OP wants to go with this.Woman HappyHeart


Great minds think alike!!!!

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 7,210
Registered: ‎03-23-2010

Re: When did wearing black become the new holiday color?

I've seen other fashion hosts wear black. I think that's a good idea because it allows them to easily change into lots of tops, jackets, etc. during the show and still have a cohesive look.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,735
Registered: ‎10-29-2016

Re: When did wearing black become the new holiday color?


@JesssMe wrote:

The host that is on right now, Shawn, wears black everytime she is on air. I have noticed it for at least the last month.  Everytime, no exception.

 


It's simply not true.  And if it was, I don't get the connection between "holiday color" and the fact (as you say) that Shawn is wearing black.  No where did anyone state that.

 

You wear whatever makes you happy.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,176
Registered: ‎01-20-2011

Re: When did wearing black become the new holiday color?

I think black is the best color. It is happy  because it makes me feel happy when I wear it.