Trusted Contributor

Re: When did stirrup pants finally fade away from your wardrobe?

I remember them from late 60's, early 70's!  I had a couple pair but I was never too fond of them!  The mistake some women made then was to wear them with regular shoes!  They were always meant for boots...and were not very attractive with shoes!!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Newgate 

Mine were Loden with Loden suede loafers... 6th grade... hope THAT color never comes back!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

I never wore them.  Neither did my daughters.   

Respected Contributor

Lol, never had any in my wardrobe.
Honored Contributor

Oh, early 90s.  I always thought they were so flattering.  They made your legs look very clean-lined.  Straight and sharp.

I used to wear black Keds with my light gray stirrup pants. My top was a soft white tunic-thing.  I was ombre from head to toe!  The part that went under your foot didn't really show in the ones I had so I could wear them with regular shoes.  

The ony thing that was annoying was how they felt under the arch.  

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

My last pair was a good 30 years ago. I even had a pair of slim black leather ones. It was nice to slip on a pair of ankle boots and the pants stayed inside the boots. 

Trusted Contributor

I wore a pair of black ones in the early '60s and don't recall their being back in after that.

Honored Contributor

@TuesdayTaylor wrote:

1987  Smiley Wink

They come and go, but I feel like that was the last time I wore them. Maybe 1989, at the latest.

I only had one pair I wore with boots. When you're very short, it's not easy to find pants that fit and there's not much forgiveness with stirrups unless you roll the waistband.

I don't wear leggings today, but if I did and wore leggings with boots, I would conceivably buy stirrups again. They're great for boots. I always thought they looked silly with flats or pumps. 

Honored Contributor

I don't think I ever wore them. Just didn't care for them.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

i had a few pair in the early 90s. i got them at Express and paired them with a silk print big shirt and big honking murano glass earrings. i had over the knee suede boots to go with.

my mom wore a Grant's Special Loden green pair of stretch pants (with the stirrups)  in the 60s with Loden green Pappagallo loafers and a big ivory Mohair sweater.  that sweater was sssooo itchy