Honored Contributor

Re: When did stirrup pants finally fade away from your wardrobe?

When Deborah Gibson was still Debbie Gibson, wearing her electric blue eyeliner.  

Respected Contributor

I never wore stirrup pants: I thought they were kind of repulsive.

Honored Contributor

Hey, I wouldn't mind them returning.  They did give a sleek, slim look.  The straight, stretched look.  I do believe I have a navy pair, but doubt that they will fit, lol.  Well, being they stretch, I might try them on, if and when I find them.  Well, if someone (fashion person/designer) is reading this, they just might be 'in' next Fall/Winter. All it takes is one designer to prompt the trend..........

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

Hey, I wouldn't mind them returning.  They did give a sleek, slim look.  The straight, stretched look.  I do believe I have a navy pair, but doubt that they will fit, lol.  Well, being they stretch, I might try them on, if and when I find them.  Well, if someone (fashion person/designer) is reading this, they just might be 'in' next Fall/Winter. All it takes is one designer to prompt the trend..........

Be careful what you wish for..... ;-D

Esteemed Contributor

Late 1980s I remember wearing stirrup pants. But I never liked the stirrup part and leggings replaced stirrup pants back then.

Now ponte di roma fabric skinny pants have replaced leggings in my wardrobe. I usually wear skinny jeans or the occasional ponte di roma skinny pants/leggings.

Trusted Contributor

I think I had a couple of pair still in the early 90's. I liked them but don't think they were a good look for me ever.

Respected Contributor

I never embraced that trend! AND, I am happy about that, I never liked them.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Esteemed Contributor

Hey Romary1 ~  maybe we should start a movement to bring back the stirrup?  I would love to see a stretchy denim, skinny legged, stirrup to wear with boots.

(ducking and running....)

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

Well, they did smooth right over and away from the backside.  No lumps and bumps.   Hey, that's a great brand name: 'No Lumps And Bumps'!

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ROMARY

they are available !   in assorted colors  - on Blair .com

- 16.99 to 24.99  - certain colors are reduced to $16.99.

http://www.blair.com/p/26950.uts?cid=pl_bl_yahoobing_pla_gen&src_code=209N&pr_code=BMQS&creative=822...

item # 12949 Misses also Tall, Petites and Plus