Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I agree clothes do look better on thinner people, with the exception of Lisa Rinna. To me she is too thin, but JMO.

@QVCkitty1  Funny thing is that I wrote this thread based on looking at LR,.... everything she puts on looks so good on her.. not so much on anyone else.

Trusted Contributor

i beg to differ. more often than not, i like the way the clothes look on the bigger size models. my favorites are adrian and jessica. they carry clothes well. 

Trusted Contributor

i think clothes do look better on thin people, except for lisa r, i agree shes too thin, her lips are bigger then her, so distracting.

Honored Contributor

In a pol of female readers in Esquire magazine Christina Hendricks was voted the sexiest woman in the world.2010

I think too thin just doesn't look as good as a classic curvy hour glass figure.

Though I do think it is easier to find clothes in small sizes and more choices.

I guess so many times, we always wish we were something else but I try not to feel that way and think like my kids do-They think I'm beautiful😍

And I think a lot of people are beautiful. I love looking at people's faces. A lot of women in my church are much older than me, in their eighties and sometimes I just look at so many of their faces and think they are so beautiful!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

@bootsanne wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

@bootsanne

I beg your pardon have you seen Ashley Graham or Emme, take a look at both of them then reconsider your comment.

Signed an amazing 1x woman.

@bootsanne wrote:

So true!!!!  That's why you'll never see 2x-3x models.  Kate and Katya could have on rags and look fantastic.

Both fabulous looking women....neither one 2x-3x.  when I see a true 2x-3x in faux leather shiny leggings, then I will reconsider my comment.  Ashley Graham and Elle may be considered plus size in the fashion industry, but in real life they are the average size woman who is now going onto a size 16.

Sorry, an average size being 16 is unhealthy. While it may be the norm, does not mean it is acceptable for health. I don't find Ashley Graham attractive, either.

Honored Contributor

Re: When You are Skinny....

[ Edited ]

I detest that word 'skinny'. It gives me an image of a person who is boney or skeletal. I like the word thin or slender much better. How is it okay to be called skinny but not okay to be called fatty. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. I think clothes look nice on all body types. Just depends on how they are styled.Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

IMO it has more to do with how the clothes fit than the actual size of the person wearing it.  I think sometimes heavier people wear clothing that is too tight and accentuates eveything.   Not a good look.  

Honored Contributor

I think so many clothes are made for the thin specifically so they tend to fit better on them. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

When I read the opening post, I knew exactly where this would go.

I knew that both heavier and thinner women would be insulted. And the comments bear out my unfortunate prediction.

Heavier women look different in clothes than do thinner women. We can probably all agree on that. We should end it there. "Different" has no negative nor positive connotation.

I am very, very thin. I look okay in some clothes and not in others. I bet my last dollar that all women feel the same way.

Seriously, can we not dispense with dissing any size or weight? If you want to talk health, then there is a forum for that, but I would still tread lightly so as not to demean anyone.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've never been heavy, but until I was in my 30s, I was really, really thin (I don't like the word "skinny/).

As @suzyQ3 notes, clothes just look different on thin vs. non-thin.   

(Some of the hosts and models wear their clothes a size too small ... that's what looks awful.)