Honored Contributor

EVERYTHING LOOKS FREAKING GOOD ON YOU.  Why is that?

Respected Contributor

I know what you mean... everytime I see Katyia I think that ....

Valued Contributor

So true!!!!  That's why you'll never see 2x-3x models.  Kate and Katya could have on rags and look fantastic.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaidenI suspect the "why" is that that very thin figure is the one we see over and over in fashion mags, mannequins, shopping channels, etc.  It's current culture and the brain finds that hard to fight.

In the past year at a doctor's suggestion that I change my lifestyle to avoid surgery, I've lost significant weight.  I was buying 1X when I started - now mostly a size 10 top and bottom.  Aside from moving better and not having any heart burn, one thing I've noticed over and over is that people treat me differently.  That, too, is our culture.  It's certainly not a change in my personality!

Honored Contributor

I agree clothes do look better on thinner people, with the exception of Lisa Rinna. To me she is too thin, but JMO.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@bootsanne

I beg your pardon have you seen Ashley Graham or Emme, take a look at both of them then reconsider your comment.

Signed an amazing 1x woman.

@bootsanne wrote:

So true!!!!  That's why you'll never see 2x-3x models.  Kate and Katya could have on rags and look fantastic.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden

I disagree. At least, what I consider skinny. It is a bad, unhealthy look to me and nothing can make it look good.

Now, if you mean lean & healthy looking with a bit of shaping to one's body, that is different. But even then, everyone has shape & clothing issues of some sort related to their bosy shape. But, yes, it does make things easier & nicer, many more options look good. 

Valued Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

@bootsanne

I beg your pardon have you seen Ashley Graham or Emme, take a look at both of them then reconsider your comment.

@bootsanne wrote:

Both fabulous looking women....neither one 2x-3x.  when I see a true 2x-3x in faux leather shiny leggings, then I will reconsider my comment.  Ashley Graham and Elle may be considered plus size in the fashion industry, but in real life they are the average size woman who is now going onto a size 16.

Honored Contributor

Your comments are rude and demeaning, and they should be deleted

@bootsanne wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

@bootsanne

@bootsanne wrote:

Both fabulous looking women....neither one 2x-3x.  when I see a true 2x-3x in faux leather shiny leggings, then I will reconsider my comment.  Ashley Graham and Elle may be considered plus size in the fashion industry, but in real life they are the average size woman who is now going onto a size 16.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

I don't think that's true for me anyway.

I think Katya is beautiful and has a lot of confidence and a beautiful smile.

But you know when I see a very thin model or person I think of Marilyn Monroe and how much more attractive that is on a woman.

I always wanted to have more of her shape! I've always been strong and athletic and people always commented on my arms (muscles from being a swimmer and gymnast). I was embarrased but now years later I know its the "in" thing.Still I like how Christina Hendricks from Mad Men looks -I wish I had an hourglass shape-I'm more straight up and down-jeez!

And yes, I saw a picture of Ashley Graham the other day and thought I don't think anyone could not think she is totally gorgeous.

I think a lot of how we look has to do with confidence and how we feel about ourselves and also our smile and whats on the inside!

Rock on ladies!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"