Trusted Contributor

When You Wear Flip Flops............

I do not wear flip flops often as I always feel my feet are falling out of them and I have to keep pushing my foot forward in order for them to stay on.

Is that how they are for everyone, or am I maybe not getting the right size??  I ordered the below recently as a TSV.  My foot fits in them fine at first, but as I keep walking the heel feels like it's falling out and I have to push my foot forward to keep them on.

Honored Contributor

Re: When You Wear Flip Flops............

@BunSnoop  - maybe your flip flops are not a good fit.  I don't experience this when I wear flip flops or slide ons.

Esteemed Contributor

I live in Spenco thong style flip flops year round.  I don't have that problem.  It sounds like you don't have the proper fit.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Love my slides and flip flops.

For me, that particular model was not even something to consider.  Bands are not adjustable and not placed where I like them.  

Don't despair, put them back on and note exactly what felt wrong.

Then try a different style.

Esteemed Contributor

I wear flops from April to November.  I wear the thong style, the other styles don't stay on and often rub on my feet.

Trusted Contributor

The only flip flop I can wear is Yellowbox. They are high quality and come in several wedge heights so I can wear them all day. They seem to give me the support I need with a higher wedge. Best thing is the strap does not rub between my toes. I have seven pair of different colors and put them on as soon as the weather is warm. Have not found them sold very many places this year. 

Respected Contributor

I don't wear flip-flops or slides. I wore flip-flops as a kid, but as an adult I found the piece that goes between the toes to be uncomfortable for me. I didn't like the "slap" on the bottom of my heels from some styles, and I wouldn't wear them outside in the desert where I used to live. I do think some of them are very cute though.

I don't wear slides anymore because when I'd step back, the slide stayed and I ended up walking out of the shoe backward. I do have slippers that are slides, and they do the same thing sometimes. Knowing that I can be a klutz, I guess I just like the support of having my feet more enclosed.

Super Contributor

I wear flip flops 5-7 months out of the year. You may have better luck with the styles with a toe post as opposed to slides. Also, you may want to go with wider straps for more support & adjustable straps for a more custom fit. Clarks & Vionic offer several with those features. I'm a big fan of the brand Fit Flops (sold in better department stores & HSN)

Honored Contributor

I can't wear slides or most shoes with straps because the top part of my food is tall I guess.  When I walk in slides they are just pushed backward off my food.  Most shoes with top straps or ankle straps, the straps aren't long enough.

I don't have a problem with flip flops but don't ware them often--just poolside mostly.

Honored Contributor

I wear thong flip flops and the thong keeps your foot from moving forward too much.