Respected Contributor

Re: When You Go Shopping, Do You Stay With The Same Sales Person?

I agree with many of you--I don't want any help! I just want someone to ring up my purchase/es when I'm ready to leave.

Honored Contributor

If people are helpful yes, but if they ignore me for someone else and I have to stand there and stand there, I'll go somewhere else to ring it up.

I am so tired of sales people standing and gossiping and not helping you these days.  Many of them are really rude--that's why I hardly ever darken the door of Dillards.  they act like you are interrupting their time to ask for help.  And yes, you have to ASK.  Dillards is a terrible dept. store here. 

Respected Contributor

I rarely shop at brick and mortar stores now but my experience is that when you take something to the cash register, they ask "did anyone help you with this?".  If someone did, I say yes "the blonde woman is the blue dress".  No, I don't wait for that sales associate because, as you said, stores are short staffed and while they might help with one thing,  when you turn your back....pffffttt....they are gone.  And you are on your own. So, what if they straighten and hang and whatever.  That's part of the job.  They don't deserve props for doing what they get paid to do.   It's a pretty rare thing to find a sales associate who actually knows the merchandise and can be of any assistance these days.  Ask one if they have a certain dress in a size 12 and they just start going through the rack...looking.  Like I didn't think of that myself...lol