Honored Contributor

Re: When Will You Begin To Wear Darker Clothing?

[ Edited ]

I must find those tee shirts @ALRATIBA !

Edited to add that I got myself a blue one and hubby a maroon one on Amazon. Thanks for the recommendation.

Trusted Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@decaf wrote:

In S Florida there are no rules, anything goes. 

@decaf , this just reminded me of something that struck me as funny.

There is a host on HSN who posted a photo of herself at an outdoor event. I don't remember the exact month but here in Ohio, I remember it had cooled down and we were wearing fall clothing, but this was Florida.

She had on jeans, black suede over the knee boots and a red and black plaid, long-sleeve shirt.  It was a cute outfit.  But you could see other people in the background and they were all in shorts, t-shirts and flip-flops.  LOL  It struck me as funny because she was definitely dressed for the calendar and not the actual temps. and she must really love fall and/or fall clothing.        

@Lipstickdiva  I can see how she'd look really out of place in that outfit in fall in Florida. In S Florida it barely cools off by December. I know we have to crank the AC all the way down to cook Thansgiving dinner.

Honored Contributor

Darker clothing?? I never switch up the color of my clothing with the seasons! I'll dress warmer in the winter but darker?? I always dress with color! Always! 

"Pure Michigan"
Trusted Contributor

End of September early October 

Trusted Contributor

I live at our lake house full time from Memorial Day to Labor Day.  I don't bring any black clothing here.  So in September when I get back to our other home I will begin to wear black again.  And I wear a lot of black the rest of the year, so it's nice to have a break from it for the summer. 

Valued Contributor

I wear dark colors all year. Yesterday was black short sleeve top,black ankle pants with flats in black with a small touch of leopard. Coppery turquoise necklace.

Light and spring-like colors in summer. Have a hard time with pastels.

Dark fall/winter clothing is usually bought in the heavier materials.

Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

To me, white stands out like a sore thumb in fall and winter's days of muted colors, less bright light, because the whole palette of the earth changes and has a softness that bright summer does not have.

I am very much aware of light and color, so it probably sticks out to me even more.  Like if I wore a rust colored top and a dark brown skirt in summer, it would just feel wrong to me, no matter the weight or the fabric.  

I don't really care if others want to follow the outdated rules of fashion. If it makes you feel good, go for it. I don't think most people are a slave to antiquated ideas in fashion or culture these days, and frankly, I don't think people pay as much attention to us as we think they do.

Also, the OP is talking about fall bearing down on us in the beginning/middle of August. That's a bit much, don't you think?

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Respected Contributor

@JJsMom wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

To me, white stands out like a sore thumb in fall and winter's days of muted colors, less bright light, because the whole palette of the earth changes and has a softness that bright summer does not have.

I am very much aware of light and color, so it probably sticks out to me even more.  Like if I wore a rust colored top and a dark brown skirt in summer, it would just feel wrong to me, no matter the weight or the fabric.  

I don't really care if others want to follow the outdated rules of fashion. If it makes you feel good, go for it. I don't think most people are a slave to antiquated ideas in fashion or culture these days, and frankly, I don't think people pay as much attention to us as we think they do.

Also, the OP is talking about fall bearing down on us in the beginning/middle of August. That's a bit much, don't you think?

@JJsMom 

No, Respectfully she is in the mountains and climate wise it is a different world up there. My brother and his wife just went up to my mountain house to escape the heat here(200 miles away). They had to add a blanket at night when we were having 100 degree heat here. She is climatised to that region and it is starting to feel like fall there particularly in the evening. I am going up myself in a few days to cool off.