Honored Contributor

Re: When Watching a Fashion Presentation. . .

@Bri36 wrote:

It doesn't matter to me if the host is wearing it.

They have models so I can get an idea of the length or how it actually looks on a person. 

They still need more petite models.  They have a couple, but seldom on.  Everything looks good on Kate, Angela, etc. but many of us are no where near 5'10".

Honored Contributor

I look at it this way...if a host is willing to wear the clothing being presented then that gives them the opportunity to discuss how the garment actually fits and how it feels on their body. That's important to me. So yes, I want to see hosts wearing the clothes being presented.

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I look at it this way...if a host is willing to wear the clothing being presented then that gives them the opportunity to discuss how the garment actually fits and how it feels on their body. That's important to me. So yes, I want to see hosts wearing the clothes being presented.

Very good point!  

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl

Some new and some stuff we've seen before. He was selling the TTV dress again but I don't recommend it! The sizing was screwy! I did see a cute shirt that I think you'd like 731-041 in the white. Keep in mind it looks much better live

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@Chi-town girl

Some new and some stuff we've seen before. He was selling the TTV dress again but I don't recommend it! The sizing was screwy! I did see a cute shirt that I think you'd like 731-041 in the white. Keep in mind it looks much better live

@Andreatoo - I was able to watch a portion of the show. This is a cute flowy top!

Marc Bouwer Woven Sleeveless Overlay & Layered Tank Top Set - 731-041
731-041- Marc Bouwer Woven Sleeveless Overlay & Layered Tank Top Set

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

I also like the little high neck lace piece but I don't think I've seen it on a model with curves yet so I'm iffy

@Chi-town girl

Esteemed Contributor

I have moved on from buying clothes from a shopping channel but when I did I could not have cared if the host was wearing it or not.  I am a PLUS size and they never showed clothes on Plus size models so it made no difference.  NOw I go to clothing stores and try clothes on. I buy what fits well and is flattering and of good quality. NO shipping charges and no returns.  TRy it.  YOu'll like it.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

@beach-mom

I agree. I think it shows respect to the designer for the host to wear the clothes of that line when hosting the show, whenever possible. I saw a Linea show recently and the host wore the clothes but put on a tacky necklace when Linea has a great jewelry line and plenty of necklaces!

@KathyPet

Have you ever seen Maria on QVC? She is a Plus model and looks amazing in whatever she wears. She is a gorgeous woman. In fact, many times she looks far better than the skinny models Smiley Wink