Esteemed Contributor

@Iwantcoffee

I'm hoping and praying this is not a pic of you 'coffee because I am not trying to be insulting in any way...I like this outfit for office.  

When I first saw it, though, I remembered my very first Women With(out) Control pant...the hems looked exactly like this!!  I had to take it to my tailor and have the right leg hem raised by an inch and a half LOL!!

Image result for job interview business casual

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF wrote:

@Iwantcoffee

I'm hoping and praying this is not a pic of you 'coffee because I am not trying to be insulting in any way...I like this outfit for office.  

When I first saw it, though, I remembered my very first Women With(out) Control pant...the hems looked exactly like this!!  I had to take it to my tailor and have the right leg hem raised by an inch and a half LOL!!

Yup, that's what I looked like when I thought I could hem my own pants....

Honored Contributor

Re: What would you wear?

[ Edited ]

Wear a pair of nice troussers in a gabardine or linen fabric (beige color which is more casual and not so stoic as black), a long-sleeve white oxford shirt, a little twilly like scarf, a pair of flats (something like Mary Jane or similar), a clutch and my normal jewelry that I wear everyday, i.e., signature bracelet, diamond pendant and wedding rings.

Respected Contributor

@MacDUFF wrote:

@Iwantcoffee

It is not me. I did not notice the hem when I posted. LOL

Valued Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

I would dress on the casual side of business attire.Slacks a nice blouse or tee & flats. Don't dress up too much.Last year my son went for a job interview in a very large distinguished firm.He wore a suit & tie.He was interviewed by several different people all of whom wore jeans.He was told that even though he had all of the qualifications for the job he would not be a good fit for their company.They said that his attire was an indication that he needed a more "structured environment "!!

A few weeks later he got a much better job where he was commended for his professional attire.He was told however,that business casual would be fine for most days.

Good luck!!!🍀👍 

I can't even imagine passing over a candidate for professioanl interview attire regardless of the company dress code-if they were qualified for the actual job

Clearly people can dress down if hired to suit that particular environment

Honored Contributor

It's going to completely depend on the industry, where you live and what the job is. If they are saying nothing more casual than flip flops ( what is that? a bathing suit? ) then I would absolutely not over dress. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Valued Contributor

Dark pants a nice top, flats, maybe a scarf for an accent piece or conservative necklace.  Maybe a jacket but not something that looks fitted and formal like a blazer suit.  I would wear "smart casual".

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't trust what the agency says, so just to be on the safe side I would go with dress pants in black or navy, a neat crisp looking button down shirt in a conservative solid color or a subtle pinstripe, and flat or very low heel polished shoes. I would not wear a t shirt or jeans.

Once you are there you will have a good idea about the dress code, then you can go from there. Good luck!

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Esteemed Contributor

Congratulations on your temporary assignment!

One thing I will add is your new coworkers will be sizing you up from the moment you walk in the door--it's human nature!  If in fact you would like this to evolve into a full time position, I would be cognizant of fitting in.  

It is hard to imagine anything more casual than flip flops, but because that is what you were told, I suggest you appear not too "buttoned up".  Here is an example of casual chic that might work:

8827bdc3420c88ec6849be03da44aaec.jpg

3e2e7e860a3c657219885fcc6f3fc8ec.jpg

Or another:

9a047badb27b86124380033549f0b4c7.jpg