Respected Contributor

I just got a navy blue tencel shirtdress style item at Marshall's for $20 originally $99!  It is snug in the hips fully buttoned so I thought I might wear it as a coat/topper. Would you wear with capri knits or long knit pants and tunic top?   I am 5'5 145lbs.  Hate to not keep it.  Beautful quality.

Honored Contributor

Re: What would you wear with…

I own a charcoal grey sleeveless button-down jumper that I purchased in the early 90's that I intend to do the exact same thing with! I think a straight legged pant or leggings would look terrific!
Honored Contributor

I wouldn't do a long shirt with what's essentially a duster length topper. I'd wear a tucked tank or tee
Respected Contributor

Capris or ankle pants?  White or sky blue?

Esteemed Contributor

JMHO based on personal experience:

No matter how great the bargain, if the clothing item does not fit and I have to think of some way to make it work, then I am not going to reach for it. It will sit in the closet and be a waste of $20.00 rather than the bargain I made it out to be.

Honored Contributor

@queendiva wrote:

JMHO based on personal experience:

No matter how great the bargain, if the clothing item does not fit and I have to think of some way to make it work, then I am not going to reach for it. It will sit in the closet and be a waste of $20.00 rather than the bargain I made it out to be.

@queendiva     @bargainsgirl

ITA  ......  OP, don't keep something that doesn't fit you and "try to somehow make it work".    

If it cannot be altered by a tailor then just return it.

Honored Contributor

@bargainsgirl: white ankle would be my preference
Respected Contributor

I think it would look great with slim/skinny white ankle pants, nude wedge sandals, and a navy/white striped top/tank that skims the body and shows your waist, but isn't too voluminous.  Play with accessories and it will look wonderful!

Tencel is a fantastic fiber, you will love it.

Honored Contributor

@bargainsgirl wrote:

I just got a navy blue tencel shirtdress style item at Marshall's for $20 originally $99!  It is snug in the hips fully buttoned so I thought I might wear it as a coat/topper. Would you wear with capri knits or long knit pants and tunic top?   I am 5'5 145lbs.  Hate to not keep it.  Beautful quality.

this is on my list ATM

haven't found the right one and I love tencel too.

but I have to agree with the other posters if you are thinking too much on how to wear the dress, it is no bargain just to sit in the closet, done that way too many times.

If you can't figure it out return it withint the 30 days.

Contributor

Hey' get you a pair of Issac's ankle pants in lemonade, add maybe a floral top & sandals, throw that bargin on like it's a long open tunic--wear with flair and act like you know you look good.