Honored Contributor

Re: What would you wear the jacket with please?

It's too stunning to go the jeans and sneakers route. I'd keep it dressy with black pants and a black top underneath. Your husband must be a sweetheart!

Esteemed Contributor

Jeans and booties (maybe cowboy boots).. Looks appropriate to wear if you're going to bars and honkey tonks in Nashville on a Saturday night. it'd make a great outfit for that purpose if worn this way.

Respected Contributor

I've always loved this in both the long and shorter versions. My favorite is the way it's pictured , with a dark jean. Enjoy it, ....sure to be a head turner where ever you wear it.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

My question would not be so much what to wear with it as where to wear it?  In my whole life I've never been anywhere that this would have been appropriate.  You must have an opulent lifestyle. 

My SIL wore something like this to my son's wedding @Kachina624 . She looked beautiful. For myself, I couldn't carry it off. It would end up wearing me...

Contributor

That is a stunning jacket!  You have excellent taste!  I think any of the items you mentioned in your post would be excellent choices.  I believe the gold tank and any type of pants, jeans or skirt would be perfect!  I especially like the jeans with the jacket which is in your photo you shared.  I am going on two cruises in 2022, Alaska and Canada and I believe I just might order that for me to take on the trip and wear with pants as well as a dress.  Thank you so much in sharing.  Wishing you and your husband a most joyous Christmas!  Enjoy wearing that stunning jacket and I wish you a night to remember every time you wear it!  

Trusted Contributor

I sure did last winter but never purchased it at the time because of Covid.  This time around I ordered it and cannot wait until the day it arrives!

Trusted Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

It's too stunning to go the jeans and sneakers route. I'd keep it dressy with black pants and a black top underneath. Your husband must be a sweetheart!

He is one terrific guy!  He tells me all the tie to buy whatever I want.

Trusted Contributor

@Darlene G wrote:

That is a stunning jacket!  You have excellent taste!  I think any of the items you mentioned in your post would be excellent choices.  I believe the gold tank and any type of pants, jeans or skirt would be perfect!  I especially like the jeans with the jacket which is in your photo you shared.  I am going on two cruises in 2022, Alaska and Canada and I believe I just might order that for me to take on the trip and wear with pants as well as a dress.  Thank you so much in sharing.  Wishing you and your husband a most joyous Christmas!  Enjoy wearing that stunning jacket and I wish you a night to remember every time you wear it!  

@Darlene G wrote:

I thought the bery sane thing; a cruise would be a perfect place to wear it.  Thanks for the kind comment; much appreciaed! You and your hubs have a Merry Christmas. oh, if you do buy the acket and wear on cruise let me know how it goes. I bet you will be receiving many nice compliments on the jacket.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Darlene G Darlene, I am thinking I may wear the jacket to a Mardis Gras event in March with a long gold silk skirt I forgot I had.  The gold in the skirt matches the gold  in the jacket.  I forgot about the skirt until this morning.  

I think you and I could become fast friends if we lived near one another.  Wow we could have fun shopping!

Honored Contributor

Wow!  Your jacket is a work of art.

Can also be worn to an exclusive art event.

Enjoy this beautiful jacket.  

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).