Esteemed Contributor

Re: What would you wear the jacket with please?

I have the longer version of this jacket and wear it a few ways ... w/ the white blouse below, with the black version of the same blouse, w/ a black shell/tank and w/ a very light gold (champagne) color tank. For bottom I wear very nice black trousers or long black skirt w/ black boots. I also have a Linea Black Whisper knit dress I wear w/ black boots.

My daughter in-law has "borrowed" the jacket since March of 2020 ... but I'm taking it back. She wore it more casually than I did ... but she's 30 years younger than me! Smiley Happy 

soft surrounding coat.jpg

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Respected Contributor

I would wear a black camisole with a pretty lace border and a nice pair of black dressed slacks.  No necklaces or huge earrings.

Esteemed Contributor

@crawford5153. Your jacket is stunning!!!  I would keep it simple underneath; the jacket is the star.  A simple black dress for afternoons,  a long black skirt or black dress pants for evenings.

It is a spectacular piece.  Wear it in good health and enjoy it.

Respected Contributor

@kate2357 That is my all time favorite!  Beautiful!  Perfect for Florida weather!  Perfect holiday dressing or just when you want to feel good!!!!!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

Beautiful jacket!  I looked it up since black denim can get SO dark, but it's cut velvet.

Everything you mentioned would look great.  Other items I would wear with the jacket would be a square or scoop neck cotton knit top in black, your red, or green.

"Denim and diamonds" has classic status now so don't keep this beautiful piece in the back of your closet.

Grab a girlfriend and wear white jeans and a plain white top under it!

Respected Contributor

What a gorgeous jacket.  As others have said, wear it anywhere you wish.  As far as what to pair with it as a top,  I would keep it simple and let the jacket have its own voice.  Jeans, skirts, whatever will look great.  Enjoy!!!

Honored Contributor

@crawford5153 Your jacket is stunning!! I would purchase it in a heart beat.  Don't let the snarky uncalled for remark bother you.  I would wear it like the model is with a silky black cami/tank.  I would wear it with black jeans, dressy black slacks even a black velvet dress.  There is no wrong way.  Enjoy your beautiful jacket.  BTW others must of liked it as well as it is no longer available.

Respected Contributor

@crawford5153The jacket is too spectacular to wear anything under it except a bra or a camisole!  Beautiful neckline and very flattering.   l would have no problem wearing it.  It's a feel good outfit!  The white ruffle blouse would look lovely as well if you chose to wear it as a jacket,  See the duster with the white blouse under it from the same catalogue.

Enjoy it..........I know you will get a lot of pleasure as well as compliments when wearing it!

Honored Contributor

@crawford5153 

My usual:  One of my silky black turtlenecks and black dress pants - my black booties and small gold hoop earrings.

I have a bunch of "embellshed" jackets - and always wear them with black top and pants - or one of my black dresses.

Honored Contributor

Rock star stunning....as others have noted, I'd keep it s...

Rock star stunning....as others have noted, I'd keep it simple whether dressy or jeans. A gorgeous statement piece...have fun wearing it!