Trusted Contributor

Re: What would you wear the jacket with please?

@Azcowgirl wrote:

Funny ....I had to go check the catalog this morning and wound up ordering the long gray velvet duster with the pewter/ silver embellishments. I had a dark time deciding between the gray and the black , but I have a lot of black so I'm trying the gray.I think it's just different enuf, maybe a little less dressy ? I will post a review when I get it. ☺️

I can't wait to hear all about the gray duster when you get it. To me, the gray is more subdued than the black. We all have garments in black and that is why I decided to go with the gray also.  Just praying that the fit will be good and also the length. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@crawford5153 yes, me too !...one reviewer said she bought the gray in extra small, absolutely loves it and since she is five foot one, it hits at ankle length for her. I hope the size small is no shorter than mid calf for me being five nine. Im anxious to hear your review when you get it. I keep looking at the picture hoping it's as pretty or more so than the picture even! 🙂Also, it looks to me that the sequins as well as embroidery  look like the satin/ soft finish rather than the high shine.👏 

Contributor

That jacket is a wow number!  Everything else you pair it with should be very subdued as the jacket is the "star".  That jacket is an event piece where ever you are going to wear it.

Contributor

The jacket is lovely but when I first saw the caption and the initial picture, my very first thought was, "my halo of course". 

Respected Contributor

@crawford5153  Did you receive your items from Soft Surroundings? What do you think of the long gray velvet duster? I  just received my order today , and I am returning it. The duster  was a little " flashier" than I hoped, in terms of the sparkle factor, and the fit wasn't as shape flattering as I had hoped also. Otherwise, I love the weightiness , the pretty stand collar ,the drape and the details. Did you love yours ?

Trusted Contributor

@Azcowgirl wrote:

@crawford5153  Did you receive your items from Soft Surroundings? What do you think of the long gray velvet duster? I  just received my order today , and I am returning it. The duster  was a little " flashier" than I hoped, in terms of the sparkle factor, and the fit wasn't as shape flattering as I had hoped also. Otherwise, I love the weightiness , the pretty stand collar ,the drape and the details. Did you love yours ?

The Tudor Jacket I ordered sat there forever waiting to ship and when I finally called about it I was told they no longer had it.  I have no idea why it was shown as being available when it was not.  That was a disappointment!

Secondly, the duster was gorgeous but it did nothing for me my shape.  I am "on the fence" whether to keep it or send it back. It looks nice with black satin pants but I just did not get that 'WOW" factor when I tried it on.  

I was also admiring the navy blue cardigan and it has excellent reviews. Did you see it? 2EM93.jpg

Honored Contributor

@crawford5153 wrote:

@Azcowgirl wrote:

The Tudor Jacket I ordered sat there forever waiting to ship and when I finally called about it I was told they no longer had it.  I have no idea why it was shown as being available when it was not.  That was a disappointment!

Secondly, the duster was gorgeous but it did nothing for me my shape.  I am "on the fence" whether to keep it or send it back. It looks nice with black satin pants but I just did not get that 'WOW" factor when I tried it on.  

I was also admiring the navy blue cardigan and it has excellent reviews. Did you see it? 2EM93.jpg

@crawford5153 I ordered this and received it the other day but my hubby won't let me see it as it is for Christmas.  I can't wait to see it.

Trusted Contributor

@Pecky wrote:

@crawford5153 wrote:

@Azcowgirl wrote:

@crawford5153 I ordered this and received it the other day but my hubby won't let me see it as it is for Christmas.  I can't wait to see it.

Oh Wow Pecky, The suspense "just the suspense" is enough to kill you when you REALLY want to see what is in the box.  I had that problem since I was a young child lol.  You be sure and post and let us know how it worked for you; keeping fingers crossed! 

Honored Contributor

The jacket is pretty but too much making it memorable.

Respected Contributor

@crawford5153 

That's a shame the Tudor  jacket was no longer available, yet it was being shown as such, 😟 and the beautiful duster, just as you said, is missing that wow factor. I thought about the possibility of taking it in a bit to give it more shape, but decided not to keep it.

The cardigan is very pretty, excited for you @pecky to be getting it for Christmas...enjoy it!