Super Contributor

Re: What would you wear the jacket with please?

We just got back from Las Vegas and I wish I would have had a jacket like that! I think it would look nice over a black camisole. We had a nice dinner out and saw The Rolling Stones. This would have been perfect. It also makes me think of New Years Eve. Wear your beautiful jacket in good health and have fun!

Esteemed Contributor

@Somertime wrote:

@kate2357 That is my all time favorite!  Beautiful!  Perfect for Florida weather!  Perfect holiday dressing or just when you want to feel good!!!!!!!!!!!

I have mentioned it before, but it was my darling hubby who said to me, you NEED to order that when he saw me looking at it on my laptop. So not wanting to argue with the hubby, I of course ordered it right away.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Beautiful coat! 

If I was going to style it for myself I would wear it with a short skirt, just above my knee, and tall boots. It would make a very dramatic statement. I like the contrast between the long and the short as a style element. I would also try a pair of capri-length leggings and wear them with low heels.

Honored Contributor

@crawford5153    Keep it simple since the jacket is ornate.  A simple vanilla color silk blouse or black silk.  You could make it sleeveless since the jacket has long sleeves so the blouse would be more like a shell.

kindness is strength
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I love that jacket. I would wear it with dark denim trouser jeans and a black tank. I would also wear it with a black sheath dress or a nice skirt.

Enjoy it. I am sure you will get a lot of wear out of it
Honored Contributor

Did you post this picture a year or two ago? I remember seeing it because it is so stunning, like something Andie MacDowell would look great in. 

Trusted Contributor

Gorgeous!

Esteemed Contributor

@crawford5153   Beautiful jacket and from all the wonderful suggestions there are so many options depending on where you're going.  Heck I'd wear it with jeans and sneakers to go to lunch and style it differently for a more dressy occasion.  

No restrictions on how or where to wear it, just have fun and enjoy it.  

Respected Contributor

@crawford5153   Beautiful jacket.  The back detail looks like reversed angel wings. 

I would wear it with whatever I wanted and to wherever I wanted.  Enjoy, life's too short. 

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Esteemed Contributor

@crawford5153 wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

My question would not be so much what to wear with it as where to wear it?  In my whole life I've never been anywhere that this would have been appropriate.  You must have an opulent lifestyle. 

Kachina624, Before the Covid my husband and myself use to stay at a couple of 5 star resorts that have a dress code for dining tht does not include jeans or pullovers. Ladies wear nice dresses, skirts, jackets, blouses. Men are dressed with nice slacks, shirts and sports jackets.This would fit in with that attire much so.  Most of my dressy jackets that I bought in the past from Coldwater were finely detailed such as this jacket,  It seems since Coldwater closed and reopened their clothing is not nearly as nice as it once was. I still have beautiful jackets, skirts, sweaters and dresses from there.

I received an invitation yesterday to a Mardis Gras party held at a lake front house at the same lake place we spend April thru November on.There are dinner parties all during the year there that we like to attend if possible. I have helped with several myself.

That would have never entered my mind as to "WHERE" to wear it, heaven's sakes!  Just read the other ladies' comments on here and see "where" they suggested. 

Just do not understand your comment about an appropriate place to wear it; there are many!  On a cruise for one at the captain's table.

@crawford5153 

I wish you hadn't felt the need to defend your purchase. Enjoy that lovely jacket.