Trusted Contributor

What would you wear the jacket with please?

2DQ46_1.jpgMy husband told me to pick out some things for Christmas from him since he has no idea what to buy.  Bought this lovely Tudor Jacket on Soft Surroundings and debating on what type of top to wear it with.  I have a Susan Graver gold glittery tank that would go perfect and also a high neck black blouse with a stand-up ruffle collar,  Any suggestions for a top from here or anywhere else?

I also have a black velour dress I could wear it with and a long black suede skirt.

2DQ46.jpg

Honored Contributor

Re: What would you wear the jacket with please?

My question would not be so much what to wear with it as where to wear it?  In my whole life I've never been anywhere that this would have been appropriate.  You must have an opulent lifestyle. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I'd wear something basic, probably a tank in either in black or a nude shade.  

That  jacket does not need any distraction. It is a stand up piece.  I'd keep it simple.

Honored Contributor

Beautiful jacket. Since I love black I would wear something black underneath. That would look nice on New Year's Eve. Have fun wherever you wear it. 

Honored Contributor

I absolutely LOVE this jacket and would most likely wear a black silky-like top with it and I think I would copy the model and wear jeans with it....  I'd wear it anywhere, it's lovely.  Woman Happy 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like the way the model is wearing it with a low cut black tank but I would wear with black pants instead of jeans. It is a very pretty jacket!

Respected Contributor

Beautiful jacket! I'd wear something black and simple under it, much like the model has. It looks wonderful with jeans, and to dress it up a black skirt or pants, suede, etc. but simple, no black sequin pants....!

Wear it and enjoy; it's so lovely.

Respected Contributor

I can't believe they paired it with jeans. Like @Carmie  I'd keep any camisole I wore it with very understated. I'd wear it with very nice satin slacks or very fine woolen trousers.  I'd wear something like this to a birthday or anniversary evening at the Kennedy Center in DC or a comparably nice restaurant. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

My question would not be so much what to wear with it as where to wear it?  In my whole life I've never been anywhere that this would have been appropriate.  You must have an opulent lifestyle. 

Kachina624, Before the Covid my husband and myself use to stay at a couple of 5 star resorts that have a dress code for dining tht does not include jeans or pullovers. Ladies wear nice dresses, skirts, jackets, blouses. Men are dressed with nice slacks, shirts and sports jackets.This would fit in with that attire much so.  Most of my dressy jackets that I bought in the past from Coldwater were finely detailed such as this jacket,  It seems since Coldwater closed and reopened their clothing is not nearly as nice as it once was. I still have beautiful jackets, skirts, sweaters and dresses from there.

I received an invitation yesterday to a Mardis Gras party held at a lake front house at the same lake place we spend April thru November on.There are dinner parties all during the year there that we like to attend if possible. I have helped with several myself.

That would have never entered my mind as to "WHERE" to wear it, heaven's sakes!  Just read the other ladies' comments on here and see "where" they suggested. 

Just do not understand your comment about an appropriate place to wear it; there are many!  On a cruise for one at the captain's table.

Respected Contributor

The jacket is stunning.  I'd avoid any blouse with a high ruffled neck because it would end up competing with the detailed workmanship of the jacket.  Keep it simple...a black tank just like the model is wearing.  Enjoy!

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~