Honored Contributor

Re: What would you pay approx. for a new outfit, head to toe?

I do not like to shop for clothes.  That's another reason why I buy what I need.  I keep a few dress occasion or funeral outfits at the ready.  

Honored Contributor

I don’t buy head to toe outfits all at once. I mix and match what I buy with what I already have to make multiple outfits.

My leather and suede boots, shoes, jackets, & handbags are my most expensive items, along with a few outerwear pieces & tailored blazers. Obviously, if these items are part of an outfit, the total cost of the outfit is higher. However, these items are not replaced every year so the cost per wear over time is less. 

If I had to estimate the cost of my existing outfits they would range from $50 for a casual short, tee, sneaker, and non leather handbag to around $400 for a dress, blazer, suede boots, & leather handbag. 

Honored Contributor

I never bought an entire outfit!    I have categories of clothes, and a bunch of mix/match within each category. 

If an event suddently came up and I  needed something dressy ... I have cocktail dresses that I can accessoriz for just about any occasion, and shoes to go with the dresses.

I really don't need to go shopping ....

Honored Contributor

let's revisit this

today I spent a bit more than I usually would for a pair of jeans, but these were exactly what I wanted and fit me perfectly, so I could have waited  and looked but who knows if will find that for $20 or so less

Trusted Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

I don't need anything right now, but if I were shopping for school, I would include these pieces.  On Fridays we can wear school gear or the colors of the school.

I would wear this-

$59.95

Scotch Plaid Flannel Shirt, Relaxed Zip Hoodie

These were the daily deal when I bought them a few weeks ago, but now they're back to $49.99.

Signature Premium Skinny Jeans, Zip Pocket Ankle

I would probably wear sneakers or boots, like these- $49.97

PAIR

So @qualitygal it would be at least $175 for three pieces with tax (free shipping) if I bought these pieces today.  

@lolakimono 

oh yes this is so me, love the top especially. But no dress down days where I work, bummer. But I would be glad to scoot around in this on my day off .

Respected Contributor

I don't own a dress and haven't worn one for almost 20 years.  I'd rather buy a long skirt and dress it up with a dressy top or dress it down depending on the ocassion and I'd try to keep it under $150 for the two pieces.  Shoes I'd splurge on because of feet problems and I'd keep a handbag cost as low as possible.  (I absolutely despise clothes shopping which is why I've begun shopping at QVC recently.)  My life is mostly casual so I mix and match my outfits.