Super Contributor

Re: What will the Joan Rivers program be like without her?

On 10/13/2014 ibb38 said:

I missed the first half of the show- the tribute at the end was wonderful. Anything done in the beginning?

In addition to what ibb38 said, in the beginning they also showed a tribute to Joan from Dennis Basso and Jill and David spoke about their 4 hour meeting the week earlier and all the wine they drank, LOL! I caught the very beginning including the bee pin and then saw the last 30 minutes and the final tribute.

Honored Contributor

I thought it was filled with Joan's spirit. Doesn't make me miss her any less, though.
Trusted Contributor

On 10/13/2014 maryooch said:
On 10/13/2014 ibb38 said:

I missed the first half of the show- the tribute at the end was wonderful. Anything done in the beginning?

Hi ibb38, The beginning of the show was a little solemn. Jill began by welcoming David and they were sitting down without any products. She said they were in a awkward postition to do the show without Joan there but she knows Joan would have wanted her line to go on with David at the helm. David said a few words and then said Joan would have said "What took you so long, it's October 13th! That sort of broke the ice. Then they proceeded to sowcase the products in the show. They felt it was fitting to start with a new bee.

I thought Jill and David did a wonderful job. It was classy and they represented products that were very "Joan Inspired" and David told stories I had never heard. The fact that he started out as Joan's stylist, how Joan influenced him to get a dog and how large fashion houses, like Chanel, would contact Joan and ask her to where their blazers that cost $3,000 because of her fashion sense and they knew people would notice what she was wearing. These little tidbits gave the show a personal touch. Jill and David were not "trying too hard" to be "Joanish". They were just being themselves and I thought it was wonderful!

I was suprised Melissa was never mentioned or David did not say anything on Melissa's behalf etc. I wonder if she is out of the picture as far as this end of the business and it was all left to David.

I enjoyed the show and even ordered the faux leather jacket! They couldnt have done a better job!

Thanks for the description. Maybe I can catch the show on QVC Plus later. They probably didn't mention Melissa out of respect for her privacy.

Respected Contributor

I taped the show and also watched it live as well and they did a nice job and it was touching. I cried at the end during the video remembrance of Joan. I miss her so much. She always made me laugh. The shows won't be the same but if David can share each time he is on the air, something we didn't know about her then each show will be special like she is there looking over the shows.
Super Contributor

David and Jill did a fantastic job! I do miss Joan Smiley Sad but she is looking down quite happy that the line goes on as she loved her QVC shoppers Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

On 10/13/2014 violann said: I thought it was filled with Joan's spirit. Doesn't make me miss her any less, though.

I agree. It was sort of surreal though- it felt like she was going to walk on the set any minute!

Trusted Contributor

Just saw the latest, the cause of death has been determined:

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2014/10/16/joan-rivers-died-due-to-predictable-complication-du...

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Frequent Contributor

Since Joan will not have any input to the fashions, I don't see how anything can be the same. I certainly do not want someone telling me what Joan would like. How would they really know. We will miss Joan. May she rest in peace.