Honored Contributor

Re: What will be the next apparel trend?

I haven't really cared about the "trends" since maybe my mid-twenties, so much of what "they" call trendy doesn't appeal to me. I just pick and choose from what is offered, and these days I am buying much less, as I am retired and live a very casual lifestyle.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

I'm seeing the return of the blazer...a look from the '80s seems to be making a comeback. Of course the details will be different, like the lapel design, button placement and shoulder silhouette won't be the same but the concept of the suited-look is there once again.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I'm seeing the return of the blazer...a look from the '80s seems to be making a comeback. Of course the details will be different, like the lapel design, button placement and shoulder silhouette won't be the same but the concept of the suited-look is there once again.

@SilleeMee: l'm seeing this too. Brooke Shields introduced a red blazer circa 1980s the other night, with ankle pants to coordinate. Not sure l'm digging the short, flared pants paired with a blazer, though.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@SilleeMee: l'm seeing this too. Brooke Shields introduced a red blazer circa 1980s the other night, with ankle pants to coordinate. Not sure l'm digging the short, flared pants paired with a blazer, though.

I thought Brooke looked striking in her red blazer outfit. For myself though, I would probably not wear head-to-toe red but that red blazer is very nice and I think it would make a great holiday addition. @handygal2

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@handygal2 wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

I thought Brooke looked striking in her red blazer outfit. For myself though, I would probably not wear head-to-toe red but that red blazer is very nice and I think it would make a great holiday addition. @handygal2

@SilleeMee: Agreed. I would wear a red blazer with black skinny jeans, and tall boots or ankle booties.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

Glad to hear it...I've always been a "jacket girl" and love a great blazer, some I've had for years, and if the lines are classic...usually they'll stand the test of time. Of course any extreme shoulder pads and the like, don't. Since high school until today, decades later, one of my favorite looks is a classic, great fitting blazer, paired up with sleek dark wash dressy jeans and a heel or boot, or vintage wash with boots or flats, casual. Underneath a good "crisp, white blouse" ( I know, channeling SG now, lol), or simple tee, or nice basic top. Great bag never hurts with it, and a good looking watch. I know...who asked me for all those specifics, but I just went styling/shopping in my head. Smiley Happy 

** sick on the couch...what else is there to do!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

And another thing...I'm with ya re: cold shoulder...was over it as soon as it came out, they bombarded us so. I too thought for sure it'd go away in winter...then they tried to winterize it and sell it to us. That said I work as a buyer for a small boutique, and as we were buying our fall lines for this year...we were surprised to still see cold shoulder offered, though, we bought none for our store.  

In October we will be going to buy spring I'll have to see if they show cold shoulder again...  But who knows if they're still selling a lot of it and a lot of women love it because it's a part of their bodies they don't mind showing off while they want to cover their arms then it's still there for them. 

Esteemed Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

Aside from the couple of basic Logo tops I like, I have really had enough Logo.  I'm sure many will continue to enjoy the brand though.

@faeriemoon

Don't own even one piece ... the "little girl" look was never my style.

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden I think we are seeing more of those brands now because the cooler and colder weather is coming. They are soft cozy and warm. That's how they are promoting them. I actually like both brands. 

Honored Contributor

It depends on the top designers who have already started and are ready for production.