Honored Contributor

Re: What will be the next apparel trend?

I don't buy things because they are trendy. I want to be able to wear my clothes for several years , so I buy classics. Never bought skinny anything - my pants and jeans are all straight leg, classic style. Thankfully, it looks like the skinny trend is waning. That only looked good on a very few people. I don't think anything ever looked stupider than cold shoulder. I thought it would disappear when winter clothes came out.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've been seeing trends of animal prints and more ruched details. Animal prints never really go away but I think this fall/winter they will be on the hit lists.

Western wear will also be trending...like bold-printed prairie-type dresses and tops, not so much the cowboy-look.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm within 2 years of retirement with focus/transition purchases on attractive, comfortable casual wear. My focus is even more limited. As someone stated, the trends don't turn my head as they once did.  

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

I don't buy things because they are trendy. I want to be able to wear my clothes for several years , so I buy classics. Never bought skinny anything - my pants and jeans are all straight leg, classic style. Thankfully, it looks like the skinny trend is waning. That only looked good on a very few people. I don't think anything ever looked stupider than cold shoulder. I thought it would disappear when winter clothes came out.

@151949  Not too sure skinny jeans or leggings are going anywhere soon. Many women are loving the comfort and longer tunic tops...I can do the skinny jeans, but the other? No.

Honored Contributor

I’ve been disappointed in the designers who were known for more classic pieces like Linea, have now turned to the fit ‘n flare tunics, peplums, bell sleeves, etc. I’m not purchasing any of these styles. Even if it stays it style for the next few years, it’s just not the way I dress.

I liked some of Laurie Felt’s tops yesterday, but again, no petite...no petite models during the shows. That’s a sure sign they’d be too long for me. 

Also not loving all the loose bottom maternity looking tops.

Honored Contributor

I don't do "fit and flare" or peplums, as I find both accentuate the tummy and hip area (and the rear)......no matter what the hosts and designers might say to the contrary!

Honored Contributor

Pants.......with one long leg.......and one short leg

Or maybe.........."cold knees"

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I've been seeing trends of animal prints and more ruched details. Animal prints never really go away but I think this fall/winter they will be on the hit lists.

Western wear will also be trending...like bold-printed prairie-type dresses and tops, not so much the cowboy-look.

So we will all go around looking like those sect members in escaping polygamy, who wear prairie dresses.

Esteemed Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

Pants.......with one long leg.......and one short leg

Or maybe.........."cold knees"

@Desertdi

We already have "cold knees" on the destroyed jeans! LOL

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

I don't usually follow trends ... but sometimes you can't help it when that's all that they are selling.  And, occasionally - a "trend" overlaps what I've been wearing for years.  

I adopted a personal style during the JFK administration that has evolved and adapted to age and lifestyle ... but the basic are the same.

I managed to avoid most trends:  cold shoulder, bell sleeves, ruffles, lace, fit and flair, leggings, peep toes, athleisure, torn jeans, etc.

What I do pay attention to is Pantone Colors ... and try to make/buy a few pieces in one or two of the current colors.