Super Contributor

Re: What was the first piece of jewelry you bought from Joan?

i believe it was one of those eggs on a chain in the Faberge style.

Honored Contributor

My first piece of jewelry was a watch.

My first purchase from Joan ever was her perfume.

Respected Contributor

Her boyfriend watches in the pretty colors, I have 3. I took them out last night and am going to be wearing them for awhile. I so am going to miss her.

Respected Contributor

I was given a bee pin and a pair of clip earrings. I wore the pin but never the earrings as I have pierced ears and these killed my ears.

Respected Contributor

On 9/4/2014 Chi-town girl said:

What a sad day...Thanks for a great thread and it is one of many ways that we can honor her memory. Compared to many of you, I'm a newbie, only started to shop at Q 5 years ago. Joan's exclusive offering at Q was the primary reason for me to begin my shopping experience here. These are the 1st three items that I purchased from her collection and the Q. I ALWAYS receive compliments when I wear these-even from men.

Something I will always admire about Joan is her RESILIENCE. She used comedy and her love of girly things-jewelry, clothing, cosmetics-to cope, entertain us, and it will be her lasting legacy. Godspeed Joan!!!

<h3>J144756</h3> No Image Found

Joan Rivers Celebrity Roast S/2Necklacew/Earrings Black

<h3>J148881</h3> No Image Found

Joan Rivers Color Spectrum Triple Tier 16"Necklace/Ext Peacock

<label>
</label>

<h3>A215878</h3> No Image Found

Joan Rivers Wrapped In Style Cape Herringbone,Medium

I have that cape too!!! I love it! I have a coat of hers and a trench. She had such great style and shared it with all of us! what a class act!

Valued Contributor

My first purchase was a lorngette. I still have her 10 feet of pearls. I have a double strand of pearls with a crystal encrusted star at the clasp and to this day, get compliments when I wear that necklace. I have her first gold plated cable bracelet with the crystals end caps. Again, always get compliments when I wear it. I have several of her original large pins.

Super Contributor

Late 90's, I believe. It was a set of 5 clip earrings done for a TSV. Each set had a different design and look, done in goldtone and enamel, mostly white and black, one animal print.

Just about every time I wear a set of them, I get compliments. And I remember they were around $50, so that made them $10 a pair!

Respected Contributor

I bought the set of torsades on auto delivery. Loved them!
Regular Contributor

Not jewelery, but a large tote she had on many years ago. I still use it today as I cannot find anything that large to hold everything I bring back and forth to/from work. Her sudden death is very sad.

Frequent Contributor

On 9/4/2014 ccj said:

For me, it was her Spike Yorkie pin. I thought it might have been one of her bees, but after going through my jewelry box I remember it was the adorable Spike pin. For those of you who may not have watched QVC in the in the late 80's ('86 or '87) I remember vividly flipping thru the channels and there was Joan Rivers selling her jewelry. Little Spike was sitting right next to her in the chair and I thought how nice that QVC was allowing her to bring her dog on set. Since I also had a Yorkie at that time I couldn't resist buying the pin. It came in about a week and it was so cute and well made. It still looks great to this day! It was because of Joan that I became hooked on QVC! LOL {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

My first piece was a crystal bee clip earrings.Not many companies do clip earrings anymore. {#emotions_dlg.wub}