Honored Contributor

Re: What was the first piece of jewelry you bought from Joan?

A pearl bracelet with a crystal star.
Super Contributor

It must have been one of her egg necklaces. Still have them. Might have been the doll house necklace. I will really miss Joan.
Super Contributor

Early on - I bought a couple of her interchangeable "gem" pieces - earrings, necklace.

Stuff really wasn't very good and I never bought anything else.

Honored Contributor

I probably have 20 pieces of Joan's. They are all pre 2003 though! I think the first piece was a set of pearl earrings encased in a gold lattice work shell. Or, it was her 5 ?foot pearl necklace.?

Trusted Contributor

I never bought a lot of Joan's. But my brother's initials were BEE, so when he died, I bought my sister, mother and myself matching mini-bee pins. Makes me really sad. I loved her nail polish--does that count?

If you can dream it you can do it--Walt Disney
Trusted Contributor

I think my first pieces were several of her critter scatter pins. Different shaped crystals in the shape of animals like a duck, turtle, pink pig etc. Fabrege reproductions I think. Always liked her critters.
Honored Contributor

What a sad day...Thanks for a great thread and it is one of many ways that we can honor her memory. Compared to many of you, I'm a newbie, only started to shop at Q 5 years ago. Joan's exclusive offering at Q was the primary reason for me to begin my shopping experience here. These are the 1st three items that I purchased from her collection and the Q. I ALWAYS receive compliments when I wear these-even from men.

Something I will always admire about Joan is her RESILIENCE. She used comedy and her love of girly things-jewelry, clothing, cosmetics-to cope, entertain us, and it will be her lasting legacy. Godspeed Joan!!!

<h3>J144756</h3> No Image Found

Joan Rivers Celebrity Roast S/2Necklacew/Earrings Black

<h3>J148881</h3> No Image Found

Joan Rivers Color Spectrum Triple Tier 16"Necklace/Ext Peacock

<label>
</label>

<h3>A215878</h3> No Image Found

Joan Rivers Wrapped In Style Cape Herringbone,Medium

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Valued Contributor

I have the interchangeable necklace and earrings, I think the necklace was first. After that I bought several watches, a patriotic bow pin (for which I always receive compliments) and a set of 4 boxes that were an auto-delivery item and so beautiful I couldn't resist them. I did buy today the poinsettia bee that I loved and wanted because I am unsure what will happen with her jewelry line and I really love that beeSmile.

Honored Contributor

I have, from many years ago, 3 bracelets in a set, green, red & blue

and I have a bee that has a body that is different colors that pop out and can be changed. I keep it.

About 2 yrs ago, I got a beautiful trench coat of hers. That's all I can think of now.

Esteemed Contributor

Some interesting figures from Fortune about Joan and QVC:

In 24 years of appearances on the channel, she managed to sell over $1 billion in merchandise, according to QVC.

In the year before her death, Rivers sold an impressive 1.2 million products through the shopping channel.

Over time, her line included over 6,000 items including brooches, scarves and dresses.

Rivers’ biggest one-day sales success was the Lavish Luxury Sequin Scarf. On November 19, 2012, she sold over 88,000 units of them.

WOW.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat