Occasional Contributor

Re: What was the first piece of jewelry you bought from Joan?

I can't recall the first piece of Joan's jewelry that I purchased, but in memory of Joan, I just purchased her limited edition "Favorite Things" charm bracelet. Can't wait to receive it. I'll think of Joan every time that I wear it.

Contributor

My mama bought me the pink baby heart necklace, she also bought one for her and my sister. It is still my favorite piece of jewelry, I wear it often!

Respected Contributor

The first pieces I purchased were the silvertone egg necklace and the matching earrings.They look as pretty and classy today as the day I purchased them many, many years ago. Love them...mean it!

Super Contributor

On 9/5/2014 jackyl said:

Not jewelery, but a large tote she had on many years ago. I still use it today as I cannot find anything that large to hold everything I bring back and forth to/from work. Her sudden death is very sad.

Oh!!! I forgot about that amazing bag! She called it the "Schlepper Bag" because she said you could pack everything you needed to schlep back and forth to work. I still have it, but no longer work. Think I am going to use it next week for my upcoming trip to SC. Thank you for remembering it to me jackyl.

Super Contributor

My Mom bought her first pin :The Cherries"" Pin.

Honored Contributor

On 9/5/2014 sunflower87 said:

I really wish there was a "LIKE" button or "LOVE" button because I would "LIKE" each and every post on this thread. I had forgotten about Spike but now remember how much she loved that little dog and precious she was with him. I loved to see her real jewelry pieces and then hear the stories about how she wanted to re-make them and share them with all of us. Thank you all for sharing your memories, this has been a joy to read tonight!!!

JOAN RIVERS Gold Tone Yorkie Terrier Dog Figural BROOCH PIN- SignedWhat a sweet post you wrote, sun. Here is the Joan Rivers Yorkie pin that I found on eBay.

Honored Contributor

Another one from eBay.

Honored Contributor

I like the dog photo in post #96, Goldie76.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Contributor

Thanks, Goldie76. The picture in post #95 is the pin I bought. I was not able to post a picture but I know someone had asked for someone to post a pic. The gold plating is still beautiful after 24 years. The 2nd picture in post #96 might have been for her other Yorkie, Veronica, who came along a few years later. There was a time when she brought both dogs onto the set. Spike was very well behaved and quiet. Veronica was more like Joan's personality...a little feisty! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Honored Contributor

On 9/6/2014 Goldie76 said:
On 9/5/2014 sunflower87 said:

I really wish there was a "LIKE" button or "LOVE" button because I would "LIKE" each and every post on this thread. I had forgotten about Spike but now remember how much she loved that little dog and precious she was with him. I loved to see her real jewelry pieces and then hear the stories about how she wanted to re-make them and share them with all of us. Thank you all for sharing your memories, this has been a joy to read tonight!!!

JOAN RIVERS Gold Tone Yorkie Terrier Dog Figural BROOCH PIN- SignedWhat a sweet post you wrote, sun. Here is the Joan Rivers Yorkie pin that I found on eBay.

Oh...how adorable! Thx for posting this--nice to see something sweet and wonderful. Would love to have a reorder of some of these special pins.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri