Esteemed Contributor

What was I thinking.. Help with color choice of jacket

I bought a Quacker Factory "chocolate color" jacket. Got it today and now I am thinking what will I wear with this jean jacket (bling and beads). I can make the purchase  of the pants but they will end up being over $50.  Or I could wear the brown with another bottom.  Anyone have any suggestions?  I do have black jeans but I am wondering if I just should spend on the amount to match exactly.  I got the jacket on a clearance sale.  I hate to have spend on the jeans....

Honored Contributor

Re: What was I thinking.. Help with color choice of jacket

[ Edited ]

I wouldn't get the matching jeans.

You could wear navy blue or any kind of blue jeans.slacks, skirt.

Even a hot pink if you're in the mood.Cream or white or bone even a forest green.

I think chocolate brown goes with so many things and wearing something different on the bottom will make the jacket stand out.

edited to say-Oh I see you didn't say chocolate brown. But depending on the brown, I till think there are so many different colors you could wear with it.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

@bonnielu, A brown jacket plays well with a number of colors on the bottom.  Of course a darker or lighter brown will offer a coordinated, but not matchy matchy look.  With a brown jacket I wouldn't hesitate to select a bottom in: charcoal gray, heather gray, dark greens (hunter, pine), olive green, teal, navy blue, tan, khaki, red or warm burgundy.  

Honored Contributor

Depending on a print you choose for your top or for a scarf,  you could coordinate it with almost any color pants.  

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks.  It is their "chocolate brown" and I got it on an extreme clearance.  I could not pass it up.  And I don't like matchy matchy of top and bottom.  But I rarely wear brown and after I got it today I really wondered what I was thinking .. sale or not.  It is a dark brown and I think that wearing a top under it with it of pattern or design or mixed colors I could match the bottom to that.  I just wanted some advice.  I was planning on taking it on a trip in November.  I do not like coats and I wanted to use the jacket to be just warm enough or just wintry enough to be in seasonal fashion.Woman Happy

Trusted Contributor

Chocolate brown is beautiful with "winter white!" Woman Wink

Trusted Contributor

I definitely would not go with chocolate from head to toe. Reminds me of a UPS uniform!

I would pair with denim of any shade, cream, olive, khaki, that rose-brown color like D&C has.

Respected Contributor

@Newgate wrote:

Chocolate brown is beautiful with "winter white!" Woman Wink

I agree. Stunning with winter white or optic white. A white tee shirt under the jacket with faded jeans would be beautiful. Add a turquoise necklace and you're set.

Respected Contributor

I wear dark chocolate with black, dark indigo denim and medium washed denim.  I definitely wouln't match it to dark chocolate pants.