Respected Contributor

Re: What to wear with denim skirt

God Bless you @Another new name Sue 

Valued Contributor

@Another new name Sue wrote:

Thank you for your thoughtful replies.

The memorial is for my beloved sister who was also my best friend.  She died in November of brain cancer.  She was a lover of the natural world.  An area in a nature preserve is being dedicated to her, so I assume we will be walking there. I want to wear something somewhat cheerful, something she would like.   I'm overthinking this, weep a little while shopping. I miss her terribly.  Thank you again for the suggestions offered here, also looking at Macys and have a couple tops there in the cart.    

Because your sister was a nature lover and this is going to be outside I don't see a problem with wearing the denim skirt with a pretty floral top.

Esteemed Contributor

I would wear a peasant style blouse

Honored Contributor

@Another new name Sue I am so sorry about your sister. You should wear whatever you choose. Maybe a color you know she would like. 

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, she was forever a hippie!  You are right on! @kelsey17 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Another new name Sue You mentioned looking at Kohl's. I like the idea of a peasant style blouse. The Lauren Conrad line at Kohl's has several peasant style tops. 

The dedication is very special for you and your sister. You wear what you decide to wear to honor her. This LC top says nature preserve and cheerful to me, it's also available in subtle colors.

Screenshot_20210715-173620~2.png

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Respected Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 

That's pretty.  I looked at it at Kohls.  Not cotton as I recall, but loose enough to probably not be too hot.  Shipping is painful there, so I'll keep an eye out for free shipping or a big discount.

Thanks to you and all for kind words.  

Super Contributor

I'm sorry for your loss! 

Anything goes with denim, but my suggestion for hot weather is to go with a thin woven top. Wovens flow away from the skin. The floral Belle top is very pretty, though. I was at the Loft today, and there were some lightweight, woven, floral tops on sale. Good luck with your search. 

Respected Contributor

I am so sorry for your loss @Another new name Sue .

Honored Contributor

@Another new name Sue 

You may want to forgo any denim! We did our spreading of the ashes yesterday after 5 o'clock and it was miserably hot and I was wearing black jeans! It wasn't just the color it was just too heavy for the weather. I also wish I had worn something sleeveless 

Consider woven cotton for both pieces